Kick start your Agile capabilities with our five day package.
Three days of training and two days of coaching, and as a secondary output of the coaching, we will provide your organization an Agile Adoption Roadmap.
If you have a further interest in discussing any of the Agile Assessment services offered by ASPE, just fill out the form on this page and we will respond to you promptly.
The Agile Jumpstart puts together a customized version of the Agile Boot Camp three-day training course with its Agile Assessment.
Making the decision to implement Agile Methods is just the first step. Agile methods require a significant change in thinking and process and also require different skills than most software practitioners possess. The Agile Assessment is a powerful step towards success you as an organizational leader can take if a decision to incorporate Agile has been made.
The Agile Assessment
Combines the experience of real-world harden Agile consultants with proven assessment and documentation tools to provide you the specific details you need on your teams readiness for agile and the actions you must take to make your pilot program a success.
In our five days with your team we will:
- Assess your teams ability to practice Agile methods using assessment tools
- Watch your team in action and learn both the written and unwritten team practices
- Communicate and listen to management about the goals for Agile and driving forces
- Gather the information necessary to product your Agile Adoption Road Map
What is the Agile Adoption Road Map?
The Agile Adoption Road Map is your plan for accelerated success. A successful Agile adoption requires much more than reading a book, attending a class or passing a certification exam. Agile is about changing paradigms and as with any significant change applied experience and real world practice make all the difference. Our assessment and road map is based on knowing what questions to ask, what mistakes to avoid and what strategies to follow. You will gain the value of our extensive experience leading successful adoptions before. The Agile Adoption Road Map is your way of leveraging that experience, in a format that is specific to the unique needs of your organization.
Within five days of our visit, you will get a customized Agile Adoption Road Map. This plan will document all the observations from our assessment, as well as our recommendations for ensuring your transition to Agile is a success. Our advice will cover a broad selection of topics including organizational changes, team training requirements, metrics, reports, and procedural and process changes. The intent of this plan is not to simply point out a few tips and tricks that you can use, but rather to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach to successfully implementing Agile within your organization. To help ensure you get the most out this valuable tool, upon delivery we will schedule a two-hour call to review the results, answer questions and discuss next steps.
The Agile Boot camp is a 3-day immersion program offering attendees the opportunity to run a full Agile project in a non-production environment. Iteration Planning, Product Roadmap and Backlog, Estimating Practices, User Story Development and Iteration Execution. Not just methods and approaches. Run multiple real-world iterations in class. Gain hands-on experience and go back to the office ready for action. The course will be fully customized and tailored to specific projects you are working on.
High-Level Learning Objectives of the Agile Boot Camp
- Practice and maintain a regular cadence when delivering working software each iteration
- Follow the team approach; start as a team, finish as a team
- Gain knowledge and understanding of Agile principles with context on why they are so important for each team
- Embrace planning from Vision down to Daily level, recognizing the value of continuous planning over following a plan
- Build a backlog of prioritized stories that provides emergent requirements for analysis that also fosters customer engagement and understanding
- Engage in more effective estimating (story points) and become more accurate by being less precise
- Pull together Agile release plans that connect you back to business expectations – including hard date commitments and fixed price models
- Apply Agile testing strategies based on unit and acceptance testing, which creates a bottom up confirmation that your software works
- Avoid the top mistakes made when rolling out Agile practices and how to craft an adoption strategy that will work in your organizational culture
Why use ASPE?
ASPE is the largest provider of public and on-site Agile Training in North America. Having trained over 10,000 professionals on Agile topics since 2006. ASPE works with fortune 500 customers and understand the needs of software development organizations and how best to help those organizations achieve success.
Our Agile Coaches, Facilitators, and Implementation Specialists are the subject matter experts who fuel ASPE's Agile curriculum. Our real-world experience in multiple industries has been on the cutting edge of Agile real-world deployments and Waterfall to Agile transformations since 2004. Experienced and pragmatic, our expert team delivers on the requirements of its customers!