The primary role of the ScrumMaster is to function as a facilitative leader who keeps the team focused on its goals. Some of the responsibilites include:
- Possessing the knowledge and skills to carefully and effectively monitor work progress
- Disciplined management of the burndown chart on a daily basis
- Quickly resolving personal team conflict should it arise
- Making sure teams are acutely aware of dependencies and deadlines
- Possessing the expertise to remove roadblocks with remediation plans
One means for gaining the level of expertise necessary to becoming optimally effective as a ScrumMaster is to obtain certification. A Certified ScrumMaster has a level of expertise above that of the typical project manager. To become a Certified ScrumMaster, one must take a course from a certified Scrum trainer and pass the CSM test following the course.
After successfully completing ASPE's Certified ScrumMaster Workshop, participants will have all information required to take the evaluation and obtain ScrumMaster certification.
- Expand career opportunities and increase your marketability with relevant skills to companies who adopt Agile practices
- Demonstrate your superior Scrum knowledge to your peers and managers
- Join an elite community of recognized Scrum experts who are committed to continuous improvement
- Gain access to a 2-year membership into the Scrum Alliance with your certification