SAFe 4.5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
The SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master Certification (SASM) demonstrates mastery of skills associated with facilitating
Agile team, program, and enterprise level success. It is the next step after the SAFe Scrum Master certification, and
certified individuals are seen as proven leaders within a SAFe® enterprise.
This certification is for experienced Scrum Masters who work in or would like to work in a Scaled Agile Enterprise.
The SAFe® SASM certification proves your ability to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the team and program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
It is strongly recommended to obtain either the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification before pursuing the SAFe® SASM certification.
Certification Exam Details
- Multiple Choice and True/False questions
- Web-based (single-browser ) delivery; closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam
- First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- 82 questions
- Passing Score: 57 (70%)
Earn the SASM Certification
ASPE's SAFe® 4.5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) will prepare existing Scrum Masters to take the certification exam and take a leadership role within a SAFe® enterprise. Click here to see upcoming sessions near you.