A SAFe 4.0 Certified Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a SAFe program servant leader and coaching professional responsible for driving end-to-end delivery of value in a single program or value stream in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
If you are interested in becoming SAFe RTE certified, you can learn all of the skills required and prepare for the exam in ASPE's SAFe 4.0 Release Train Engineer course.
The SAFe RTE Certification Demonstrates Competenancy in:
- Facilitating program-level ceremonies
- Leading program execution
- Coaching ARTs and teams in relentless improvement of value delivery
- Creating transparency using metrics to initiate and drive positive change
- Facilitating resolution of dependencies, impediments, and risks
Certified individuals will be able to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Exam Prerequisite Skills or Knowledge
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended in order to be successful in passing the RTE exam:
- SAFe certification
- Cross-team communication skills
- Full use of SAFe principles in action
- Coaching Agile and SAFe facilitation and leading by example
- Launch or participate in at least one ART and one PI
- Working knowledge of team dynamics
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Minimum 3 months real-world, hands-on experience as an RTE
ASPE is proud to be a Gold Level partner with Scaled Agile, the exclusive certifying body for the Scaled Agile