ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
This advanced Ranorex training course is delivered by experienced Ranorex test automation experts and builds upon the foundation of the Introductory course, providing a deep understanding of object recognition techniques, report customization, and coding with the Ranorex API.
Ranorex provides an all-in one environment for creating and running automated tests for many popular software environments, application frameworks, and mobile devices. It enables teams to set up robust test automation regardless of their programming or scripting experience. Because Ranorex tests applications from a user's perspective, even manual UI testers can take advantage of the power of automated tests. Ranorex offers complete flexibility with code-free testing for non-programmers as well as a professional API for more sophisticated test automation needs.
Learn techniques for fully exploiting the capabilities of the RanoreXPath query language. Practice building path expressions and repository entries to identify objects built in non-traditional, legacy, and custom UI frameworks. Experiment with techniques for optimizing object recognition speed and robustness.
Students will learn:
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
1. Review of Ranorex Path Expressions
- Path Syntax Basics
- Repository Structure
- Ranorex Spy
2. Advanced Path Expression Techniques
- Result Set Selector
- Path Functions
3. Web IDs and Object Recognition
- The special case of HTML IDs
- "Search by unique ID"
- Web Frameworks and ID issues
4. Path Weight Rules
- Understanding the "magic" of Ranorex path generation
- Path generation options
- The path weight table
- Creating a custom path weight rule
5. Object Recognition Issues
- Identifying Instrumentation Problems
- Using the GDI Plugin
- Using Generic Adapters
- Location-Based Recognition
6. Image-Based Recognition
- Image-based repository path expressions
- Image-based validations
- Image Comparison Techniques
7. Custom Reporting and Logging
- Creating Custom Report Templates
- Making Layout Changes
- Customizing Report Content
8. User Code Actions
- Code Generation for Recording Modules
- Accessing Repository Objects
- Using the Info Object
- Referencing .Net Libraries
9. Code Modules
- Required components of a Ranorex module
- Creating an empty module
- Best practices for coding modules
- How to avoid writing code
10. Module Libraries
- Importing modules from other projects
- Creating a module library project
- Referencing external repositories
- Who should attend
This course is for the advanced Ranorex user, in particular those who need to learn the more technical aspects of Ranorex test development. All participants should have experience with the material and techniques covered in the Basic Ranorex course.
- Test Automation Engineers
- Software Engineers in Testing
- QA Automation Engineers
- Full Stack Developers
The coding exercises demand a basic level of .Net programming expertise. Participants should be able to write simple functions in C# or VB.Net and have some familiarity with how to build .Net applications.