This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
The statistical analysis techniques taught here form the foundation of any analytics or data science practice.
This self-paced class is an excellent hands-on walkthrough of the most foundational techniques used to understand and ask questions of datasets. The statistical techniques taught in this workshop underpin virtually every common method for analyzing data. They also provide a practical, useful introduction to contemporary data science techniques.
This program comprises roughly five hours of expert-led content, with basic assignments and exercises you can participate in between chapters.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Lesson 1 – Statistics and Statistical Terminology
- What are statistics?
- What is a statistical population?
Lesson 2 – Sampling; Descriptive vs. Inferential Statistics
- What is sampling?
- Population vs. sample
- When do we sample?
Lesson 3 – Sampling and Statistical Bias
- Random sampling
- What is bias?
- Why we should avoid bias in samples
Lesson 4 – Measures of Central Tendency & Arithmetic Mean
- What are the Measures of Central Tendency
- Arithmetic mean
Lesson 5 – Geometric Mean and Harmonic Mean
- Geometric mean
- Harmonic mean
Lesson 6 – Median
1) What is median
Lesson 7 – Mode and Midrange
- What is mode
- What is midrange
- Review and Exercises
Lesson 8 – Measures of Dispersion
- What are the measures of dispersion
- Mean absolute difference
Lesson – Measures of Dispersion
- Standard deviation
Lesson 10 – Some Examples
Lesson 11 – IQR (Interquartile range) and Outliers
- What is IQR
- 1.5 * IQR rule
Lesson 12 – Distributions
- What is distribution
- Probability mass function and cumulative probability
Lesson 13 – Working with Distributions
Lesson 14 – Different Types of Distributions
- Discrete distributions vs. continuous distributions
- Introduction to Monte-Carlo simulations
Lesson 15 – Continuous and Parametric Distributions
- Continuous distributions
- Parametric distributions
- Normal distribution
Lesson 16 – Inferential Statistics
- When we use inferential statistics
- Sample mean and sample variance
- Central Limit Theorem
- Estimation of population mean and confidence interval
Lesson 17 – Hypothesis Testing for the Population Mean
- Estimation of population mean confidence interval
- What is hypothesis testing
- How to run a two-tailed test for a population mean
Lesson 18 – Difference Between Two Means
- Problem formulation
- Hypothesis testing
- Who should attend
- Data Analysts
- Any data practitioner needing a statistics refresher
- Business Analysts and Project Managers who query data
- Data and sytem architects
- Application developers who wish to integrate data processes
- Analysts who want to grow their basic data science skills
You will need a computer to view and participate in the class.