This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
This course offers 24.00 NASBA CPEs.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
In this course, you will learn about cloud-based big data solutions such as Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis, and the rest of the AWS big data platform. You will learn how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Apache Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue. Additionally, you will learn how to create big data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design big data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
This is an emerging technology course. Course outline is subject to change as needed.
- Overview of Big Data
- Data Ingestion, Transfer, and Compression
- AWS Data Storage Options
- Using DynamoDB with Amazon EMR
- Using Kinesis for Near Real-Time Big Data Processing
- Introduction to Apache Hadoop and Amazon EMR
- Using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- The Hadoop Ecosystem
- Using Hive for Advertising Analytics
- Using Streaming for Life Sciences Analytics
- Using Hue with Amazon EMR
- Running Pig Scripts with Hue on Amazon EMR
- Spark on Amazon EMR
- Running Spark and Spark SQL Interactively on Amazon EMR
- Using Spark and Spark SQL for In-Memory Analytics
- Managing Amazon EMR Costs
- Securing your Amazon EMR Deployments
- Data Warehouses and Columnar Datastores
- Introduction to Amazon Redshift
- Optimizing Your Amazon Redshift Environment
- The Big Data Ecosystem on AWS
- Visualizing and Orchestrating Big Data
- Using Tibco Spotfire to Visualize Big Data
- Who should attend
- Individuals responsible for designing and implementing big data solutions, such as solutions architects and system operator administrators
- Data scientists and data analysts interested in learning about big data solutions on AWS
Basic familiarity with big data technologies, including Apache Hadoop and HDFS. Complete the Big Data Technology Fundamentals web-based training or have equivalent experience. Working Knowledge of core AWS services and public cloud implementation. Basic understanding of data warehousing, relational database systems, and database design. AWS Technical Essentials.