This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
In this five-day course, you'll get a thorough overview of the interface, tools, features, and production flow for Premiere Pro CC. You will learn powerful real-time video and audio editing tools that give you precise control over virtually every aspect of your production.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Lesson 1: Touring Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Learn to view & create a custom workspace as well as understanding a tapeless workflow.
- Nonlinear editing in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Expanding the workflow
- Touring the Adobe Premiere Pro interface
Lesson 2: Setting up a Project
Learn to Setting up a project and Setting up a sequence
- Setting up a project
- Setting up a sequence
Lesson 3: Importing Media
Learn to import assets and empty the media cache.
- Importing assets
- Working with the Media Browser
- Importing images
- The media cache
- Capturing the videotape
Lesson 4: Organizing Media
Learn to create & use bins, monitor footage and create subclips.
- The Project panel
- Working with bins
- Organizing media with content analysis
- Monitoring footage
- Modifying clips
Lesson 5: Essentials of Video Editing
Learn to use the Source Monitor, navigate the timeline, and the essentials of editing.
- Using the Source Monitor
- Navigating the Timeline
- Essential editing commands
Lesson 6: Working with Clips and Markers
Learn about the program monitor controls, use markers for editing and automate to sequence, use Sync Lock vs. Track Lock, find timeline gaps, select & move clips, and delete and extract clips in the timeline.
- Program Monitor controls
- Controlling resolution
- Using markers
- Using Sync Lock and Track Lock
- Finding gaps in the Timeline
- Moving clips
- Extracting and deleting segments
Lesson 7: Adding Transitions
Learn to create & use default transitions, understand edit points & handle, understand audio transition types, and use the effects control panel to edit a transition.
- What are transitions?
- Edit points and handles
- Adding video transitions
- Using A/B mode to fine-tune a transition
- Adding audio transitions
Lesson 8: Advanced Editing Techniques
Understand Four-point editing, learn to Retime clips with speed/duration, retiming tool and time remap fixed effect, learn the different ways to replacing clips and footage, learn when to Nest a sequence vs. placing in a sequence as original clips, understand Regular trimming vs. Advanced trimming, and learn to Trim in the Program Monitor
- Four-point editing
- Retiming clips
- Replacing clips and footage
- Nesting sequences
- Regular trimming
- Advanced trimming
- Trimming in the Program Monitor panel
Lesson 9: Putting Clips in Motion
Learn to adjust the Motion fixed effects, understand keyframe interpolation and learn other motion-related effects
- Adjusting the Motion effect
- Changing clip position, size, and rotation
- Working with keyframe interpolation
- Using other motion-related effects
Lesson 10: Multi-camera Editing
Create a multi-camera sequence, switch cameras and finalize the multi-cam editing.
- The multi-camera process
- Creating a multi-camera sequence
- Switching multiple cameras
- Finalizing multi-camera editing
- Additional multi-camera editing tips
Lesson 11: Editing and Mixing Audio
Understand audio characteristics, Adjusting audio volume, Creating a split edit and adjust audio levels for a clip
- Setting up the interface to work with audio
- Examining audio characteristics
- Adjusting audio volume
- Adjusting audio gain
- Normalizing audio
- Creating a split edit
- Adjusting audio levels in a sequence
- Working with the Audio Mixer
Lesson 12: Sweetening Sound
Use audio effects on the clip vs. the audio track mixer and learn steps to cleanup noisy audio.
- Sweetening sound with audio effects
- Adjusting EQ
- Applying effects in the Audio Mixer
- Cleaning up noisy audio
Lesson 13: Adding Video Effects
Learn to work with effects with global and keyframe parameters, learn to use and create presets, and use some useful effects.
- Working with effects
- Keyframing effects
- Effects presets
- Frequently used effects
Lesson 14: Color Correction and Grading
Learn the Color-oriented workflow, learn how to fix: exposure problems & color balance, Use color effects for specialized looks and use Lumetri Looks.
- Color-oriented workflow
- An overview of color-oriented effects
- Fixing exposure problems
- Fixing color balance
- Specials color effects
- Creating a look
Lesson 15: Exploring Compositing Techniques
Use Premiere Pro for compositing part of your projects with opacity & blend modes as well as compositing techniques such as green screen and track mattes.
- What is an alpha channel?
- Using compositing in your projects
- Working with the Opacity effect
- Working with alpha-channel transparencies
- Color keying a greenscreen shot
- Using mattes
Lesson 16: Creating Titles
Learn about the Titler window vs. using After Effect templates.
- An overview of the Titler window
- Video typography essentials
- Creating titles
- Stylizing text
- Working with shapes and logos
- Making text roll and crawl
Lesson 17: Managing Your Projects
Learn to use the Project Manager and learn to open other projects in a project using your Media browser.
- The File menu
- Using the Project Manager
- Final project management steps
- Importing projects or sequences
- Managing collaboration
- Managing your hard drives
Lesson 18: Exporting Frames, Clips, and Sequences
Export a single frame, master clip and learn to use the media encoder.
- Overview of export options
- Exporting single frames
- Exporting a master copy
- Working with Adobe Media Encoder
- Exchanging with other editing applications
- Recording to tape
- Who should attend
This class is designed for anyone who'd like to learn Adobe Premiere Pro CC, those who plan to take the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam, video editors, animators, or graphic compositors.
- Bonus Materials
FUTURE MEDIA CONCEPTS, INC. (FMC), established in 1994, is the nation's premier digital media training organization providing manufacturer-authorized training for professionals engaged in the production, editing, design and delivery of digital content. Courses offered in digital video and film editing, motion graphics, web design and development, desktop publishing, Mac IT, sound design and 3D animation. In addition, FMC is a leading producer of education-rich conferences for today's leading electronic entertainment trade shows both in the US and internationally.
Technical Requirements for This Course:
- Windows: Intel Core2 Duo or AMD Phenom II processor with 64-bit support, Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) or Windows 8 (64 bit), 8 GB of RAM, 20 GB of available hard-disk space, 1280 x 800 display, 7200 RPM or faster hard drive, Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft Windows Driver Model, QuickTime 7.6.6 software, Internet connection
- Mac OS: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, Mac OS X v10.9 or v10.10, 8 GB of RAM, 20 GB of available hard-disk space, 1280 x 800 display, 7200-RPM hard drive, QuickTime 7.6.6 software, Internet.
- Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, SpeedGrade, After Effects, Prelude, Media Encoder, and Premiere Pro.