This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
This course offers 25.00 NASBA CPEs.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course gives you practical, immediately useful skills on the Informatica family of enterprise data integration products. You will learn to power your organization's data engineering and analytics strategies by using Informatica to access and integrate data from any business system, in any format, and deliver that data throughout the enterprise.
On today's enterprise teams, understanding how to intelligently manage and leverage the vast amounts of data your organization uses in a way that provides holistic, strategic business value is a must. By the end of this class, you will understand how to use Informatica data integration products and how they enable a coherent strategy for managing, preparing and integrating data throughout the enterprise.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Section 1 – Review ETL
- Data flow concepts reviewed
- Data quality, cleansing and preparation
- MDM and SSOT
- An MDM example: the banking customer
- An ETL example: CRM, PURL and business process
Section 2 – Working with Data
- Data use cases after ETL and preparation
- Informatica use case example scenarios
- Data Warehouse Extension for Operatinal BI
- Well management reporting for a large oil/gas producer
- Data services & portals for composite applications
- Drug discovery application in a pharma company
Section 3 – Informatica’s Data Integration Products
- Why Informatica?
- Data Integration Requirements
- Data Integration Architecture
- Tour of Informatica Data Integration Products
- Data Explorer
- Metadata Manager
Section 4 – Informatica Data Explorer
- Introducing the Analyst and Developer Tools
- Profile data.
- Create rules in profiles.
- Score data.
- Manage bad records and duplicate records.
- Creating Projects and Objects
- Managing Reference Tables
- Data Quality Scorecarding
- Creating Logical Data Models
- Performing Join Analysis Profiling
- Applying Enterprise Discovery Techniques
Instructor led exercise: Setting up Informatica Analyst
Instructor led exercise: Creating Data Objects
Instructor led exercise: Creating Quick profiles
Instructor led exercise: Creating Custom Profiles
Instructor led exercise: Creating Expression Rules
Instructor led exercise: Creating and Running Scorecards
Instructor led exercise: Creating Reference Tables from Profile Results
Section 5 – Working with PowerCenter
- Use PowerCenter Designer to Build Mappings that Extract Data from Source to Target
- Heterogeneous Targets
- Relational databases
- Flat files
- ERP (i.e. SAP BW, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Performing Data Transformations
- Transformation types and views
- Transformation calculation error treatment
- Null data treatment
- Informatica data types
- Expression transformation (Joiner, Sorter, Lookup, etc.)
- Expression Editor
- Informatica Functions
- Expression and connection validation
- Defining and Implement Error Handling Using PowerCenter Mappings
- Mapping components
- Source Qualifier transformation
- Mapping validation (i.e. pre-SQL and post-SQL rules)
- Data flow rules
- System Variables
- Mapping Parameters and Variables
- Conditional Lookup and Dynamic Lookup
- The Workflow Manager GUI interface
- Workflow Schedules
- Setting up Server Connections
- Relational, FTP and External Loader
- Creating and configuring Workflows
- Workflow properties
- Workflow components
- Workflow Tasks
- Concurrent, Sequential, and Multi-task workflows
- Perform Troubleshooting Using PowerCenter logs and Debugger
Section 6 – Metadata Manager
- Metadata Concepts
- Setting Up Security
- Loading and Linking Metadata from Source Applications
- Defining Custom Metadata Models
- Loading Business Glossaries and Linking Glossary Terms with Technical Metadata Objects
- Browse and Search the Metadata Catalog
- Display and Interact with Lineage Diagrams
Group activity: Identify Potential Metadata
Section 7 – Working with PowerExchange
- Using PowerExchange Navigator
- Data Maps
- Configuration Files
- Listeners and Nodes
- Processing Complex Flat Files
- Metadata Extensions
- PowerExchange/PowerCenter Integration
Section 8 – Course Conclusion
- Recapping what you’ve learned in class
- Specific questions and student use cases
- What will you do back at work?
- Q & A and class closing
- Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone in the enterprise utilizing a data component or integrating a data service into their job role or project, and who wish to use Informatica as their tool for doing so. The workshop is invaluable for:
- Data engineering and DBA professionals
- ETL Developers
- Developers integrating data services for applications
- Analytics and reporting professionals
- Business intelligence professionals
- Data modelers & analysts
- Data warehousing & data mart staff
- Cross-functional teams integrating data
This course is designed for organizations who have an Informatica license and can provide the necessary tool environment for the hands-on lab portions of the class. We cannot provide a simulated Informatica environment.