This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
Adobe Illustrator CC is an essential design tool for anyone who needs to express ideas visually in print, on the web, and in any other medium. You will also learn, step-by-step, the key techniques, as well as tips and tricks, for working in Illustrator CC. In this Illustrator Fundamentals training course, you will learn the basics of working with Illustrator CC through a combination of instructor-led demonstration and hands-on practice led by Adobe certified instructors so that you can incorporate visual effects into your workflow.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Lesson 1: Getting to Know the Work Area
- Introducing Adobe Illustrator
- Starting Illustrator and opening a file
- Understanding the workspace
- Changing the view of artwork
- Navigating multiple artboards
- Arranging multiple documents
Lesson 2: Selecting and Aligning
- Getting started
- Selecting objects
- Aligning objects
- Working with groups
- Exploring object arrangement
- Hiding and locking objects
Lesson 3: Using Shapes to Create Artwork for a Postcard
- Creating a new document
- Working with basic shapes
- Editing and combining paths and shapes
- Working with drawing modes
- Using Image Trace to create shapes
Lesson 4: Transforming Objects
- Working with artboards
- Transforming content
- Create a PDF
Lesson 5: Creating an Illustration with the Drawing Tools
- Getting started with the Pen tool
- Creating the ice cream illustration
- Drawing and editing with the Pencil tool
Lesson 6: Using Color and Patterns to Enhance Signage
- Understanding color
- Working with color
- Painting with patterns
- Working with Live Paint
Lesson 7: Adding Type to a Poster
- Adding type to a poster
- Formatting type
- Creating and applying text styles
- Warping text
- Working with type on a path
- Wrapping text around an object
- Creating text outlines
Lesson 8: Organizing Your Artwork with Layers
- Creating layers and sublayers
- Editing layers and objects
- Pasting layers
- Viewing layers
- Applying appearance attributes to layers
- Creating a clipping mask
Lesson 9: Blending Colors and Shapes
- Working with gradients
- Working with blended objects
Lesson 10: Creating Logos with Brushes
- Working with brushes
- Using Calligraphic brushes
- Using Art brushes
- Using Bristle brushes
- Using Pattern brushes
- Working with the Blob Brush tool
Lesson 11: Exploring creativity with effects and graphic styles
- Using live effects
- Applying Photoshop effects
- Working with 3D effects
- Creating a revolved object
- Changing the lighting of a 3D object
- Mapping a symbol to the 3D artwork
- Where to put the Effect
Illustrator Fundamentals Training In-Class Exercises:
- Work Area: Introduction to Adobe Illustrator. Overview of the workspace. Change the view of artwork. Navigate multiple art-boards. Arrange multiple documents.
- Selecting and Aligning: Learn to selecting objects and align objects. Work with groups. Hide and lock objects.
- Using Shapes to Create Artwork: Learn to use basic shapes. Edit and combine paths and shapes. Learn and use the drawing modes. Use Image Trace to create complex shapes.
- Transform Objects: Work with artboards. Learn to transform content. Create a PDF.
- Create an Illustration with the Drawing Tools: Use the Pen tool and pencil tools. Create an illustration.
- Color and Patterns: Understanding and work with color. Create and paint with patterns. Use Live Paint to color.
- Add Type to a Poster: Create and format type in different ways. Create and apply text styles. Warp text. Work with type on a path. Wrap text around an object. Creating text outlines
- Organize Your Artwork with Layers: Create layers and sublayers. Edit layers & objects, paste layers, view layers, apply appearance attributes to layers, and then creating a clipping mask.
- Blend Colors and Shapes: Work with gradients and blended objects.
- Brushes: Create all types of brushes to be used with the brush tool: calligraphic brushes, Art brushes, Bristle brushes, and Pattern brushes. Learn to use the Blob Brush tool.
- 3D graphic styles and more: Use live effects. Apply Photoshop effects. Work with 3D effects: create a revolved object, change the lighting of a 3D object, and map a symbol to the 3D artwork. Understand where the effects goes: on the property, object, group or layer.
- Who should attend
- Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest and most comprehensive way to learn Illustrator CC.
- Graphic Designers
- Video Compositors
FUTURE MEDIA CONCEPTS, INC. (FMC), established in 1994, is the nation's premier digital media training organization providing manufacturer-authorized training for professionals engaged in the production, editing, design and delivery of digital content. Courses offered in digital video and film editing, motion graphics, web design and development, desktop publishing, Mac IT, sound design and 3D animation. In addition, FMC is a leading producer of education-rich conferences for today's leading electronic entertainment trade shows both in the US and internationally.
- Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills.
- Photoshop Fundamentals: An Introduction to Photoshop class or equivalent experience is recommended.