This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
Adobe InDesign CC software speaks the language of professional designers, delivering unparalleled creative freedom, productivity, and precision for designing superb pages. It works seamlessly with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, providing a single integrated design environment that doesn't interrupt your creative process.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Lesson 1: Quick Overview of What is New CC & CC 2014
- Color Theme tool
- Adobe Color
- Interactivity in fixed layout EPUBs
- EPUB interactivity preview panel
- EPUB enhancements
- Typekit enhancements
- Simplified tables
- Fixed Layout EPUB
- Color groups
- Behance integration
- Scaling of effects
- Enhanced search
- Enhanced QR Code Creator
- Improved Packaging
- PDF Passthrough Printer
- Simplified Hyperlinks
- Font search and filter
- Instant font preview
- Font favorites
- Sharing with Creative Cloud
Lesson 2: Creating Tables
- Converting text to a table
- Changing rows and columns
- Formatting a table
- Adding graphics to table cells
- Creating and applying table and cell styles
Lesson 3: Working with Transparency
- Importing and colorizing a grayscale image
- Applying transparency settings
- Adding transparency effects to imported vector and bitmap graphics
- Importing and adjusting Illustrator files that use transparency
- Applying transparency settings to text
- Working with effects
Lesson 4: Color/Color Management
- The need for color management
- Isolate Blending vs. Knockout Group
- Creating a Mixed Ink Swatch or Group
- Synchronizing color settings in Adobe Bridge
- Specifying color settings in original source file
- Specifying color settings in InDesign
- Defining printing requirements
- Image Color Settings (why you won't need this)
- Assigning vs. Converting a profile
- Proofing colors onscreen
Lesson 5: Printing and Exporting
- Preflighting files
- Packaging files
- Creating an Adobe PDF proof
- Previewing separations
- Previewing how transparency effects will be flattened
- Previewing the page
- Printing a laser or inkjet proof
- Using the Ink Manager
Lesson 6: Creating Adobe PDF Files with Form Fields
- Adding form fields
- Exporting an interactive Adobe PDF file
Lesson 7: Creating and Exporting an ebook
- Getting started
- Completing the booklet
- Choosing the content of an ebook
- Adding metadata
- Exporting an EPUB file
Lesson 8: Creating an iPad Publication
- Creating a new digital publication
- Adding interactive elements
Lesson 9: Working with Long Documents
- Starting a book
- Creating a running footer
- Adding a footnote
- Adding a cross-reference
- Synchronizing a book
- Generating a table of contents
- Indexing a book
Lesson 10: Tips and Tricks from the Instructor
- The instructor will share their favorite tips and secrets for InDesign
- What is New: Learn some of the new tools with the new versions.
- Create Tables: Start by converting text to a table. Then edit the table: change rows & columns, format the table, and create a header row. Add graphics to table cells. Finally create and apply table and cell styles.
- Work with Transparency: Import and colorize a grayscale image.Apply transparency settings. Add transparency effects to imported vector and bitmap graphics. Import and adjust Illustrator files that use transparency and see how they import into InDesign. Applying transparency settings to text then check your flatter presets. Learn to work with effects within InDesign.
- Color/Color Management: Learn why we need color management. Learn the differences between Isolate Blending vs. Knockout Group. Creating a Mixed Ink Swatch or Group for spot colors. Synchronizing color settings in Adobe Bridge. Specifying color settings in original source file. Specifying color settings in InDesign. Defining printing requirements. Learn about Image Color Settings. Learn to assign vs. Convert a profile. Proof your file.
- Printing and Exporting: Preflight the document then package up all needed files. Create an Adobe PDF proof. Preview separations. Preview how transparency effects will be flattened. Learn the differences of printing a laser vs. inkjet proof. Use the Ink Manager to fix color issues on output.
- Creating Adobe PDF Files with Form Fields: Add form fields then export an interactive Adobe PDF file. Learn to prep the file for accessibility before you get to Acrobat.
- Creating and Exporting an ebook: Create an ebook. Choose the ebook version, add metadata, then export the ePUB file.
- Creating an iPad Publication: Create a new digital publication and add interactive elements into your digital publication.
- Working with Long Documents: Create a book format file. Create a running footer. Add elements for the book: footnotes, cross-references, table of contents, and index. Synchronizing the book then output to a PDF.
- Who should attend
Creative professionals seeking the fastest, easiest, most comprehensive way to learn InDesign CC.
FUTURE MEDIA CONCEPTS, INC. (FMC), established in 1994, is the nation's premier digital media training organization providing manufacturer-authorized training for professionals engaged in the production, editing, design and delivery of digital content. Courses offered in digital video and film editing, motion graphics, web design and development, desktop publishing, Mac IT, sound design and 3D animation. In addition, FMC is a leading producer of education-rich conferences for today's leading electronic entertainment trade shows both in the US and internationally.
- Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills
- InDesign Fundamentals: An Introduction to InDesign class or equivalent experience.
- Photoshop Fundamentals: An Introduction to Photoshop class or equivalent experience is recommended.
Computer Labs Needed/Technical Specs:
- Windows: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor, Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1, 8 GB of RAM, 10 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; 1280 x 800 display with 32-bit video card; Adobe® Flash® Player 10 software, Internet connection
- Mac OS: Multicore Intel processor, Mac OS X v10.9 or v10.10, 4 GB of RAM, 10 GB of available hard-disk space, 1280 x 800 display with 32-bit video card, Adobe® Flash® Player 10 software, Internet connection
- Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.