This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
This course offers 34.00 NASBA CPEs.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
Managing a complex project means not only having fantastic project management skills, but also understanding how to deal with the chaos of today's workplace. Technology, requirements, partnerships, and competitive strategies are continually updating and transforming and a strong project manager must learn how to adapt to these changes while leading the project to successful completion. This class will help you master dealing with these complexities and lead with success.
Learn to determine the level of complexity of your project, develop tactics to manage that complexity, and discover strategies for taking your project team "to the edge of chaos" where innovation and creativity happen. In class activities that comprise 75% of this course, you will practice determining complexity and learn how to keep your approach flexible to manage the constant adjustment of complex projects in today's workplace.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
1. The Complex Project
- Systems Thinking
- Chaos and Complexity Theory
- How these relate to project management
2. Leading Complex Projects
- Skills required
- Complex project competency self-assessment
- PMI competencies
- Start personal mastery plan
3. Fundamentals of Complexity Theory
- What is complexity?
- Types of complexity
- Fitness landscape
- Chaos as it relates to complexity theory
- Complexity theory
- Linear and non-linear systems
- Complex adaptive systems
4. Assessing Your Project Complexity
- Complex project toolkit
- Elements of project complexity
- Organization breakdown structure
- Work breakdown structure
- Use the complexity assessment tool (CAT)
- Strategies of planning and managing complex projects
5. Structuring Your Project for Success
- Selecting the right project management methodology
- How to incorporate that methodology into your current processes
6. Risk Planning and Management
- Types of risks in complex projects
- Approaches to identification
- Risk assessment and response planning
7. Leading Complex Projects
- Assess your leadership competencies
- Applying adaptive leadership to complex projects
- Communicating a vision
- Implementing strategies to encourage innovation and build a cohesive team
- Types of personal behaviors and how to get the most out of people
- Identifying techniques for leveraging complexity
In Class Exercises:
- Develop Your Personal Mastery Plan
- Assess Project Complexity
- Stakeholder Analysis and Planning
- Risk Identification and Response Planning
- Who should attend
Anyone involved in project management will benefit from this class. This training is invaluable for:
- Project managers
- IT project managers
- Project leaders
- Senior project managers
- Program managers who have senior responsibility for high-risk, high-dollar, high-reward projects and programs