This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
Mac Integration Basics is a one-day course designed for individuals bringing a Mac computer into an education or small business environment that is predominantly Windows-based, and for those who need to prepare for the Mac Integration Basics Certification exam.
Students will ill learn how to:
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Lesson 1: Introduction to Mac OS X
- Prerequisite Knowledge
Lesson 2: Network Accounts
- Configuring a Mac to Connect to a Network Account Server
- Using Network Accounts
Lesson 3: File Sharing
- Connecting to File Servers
- Personal File Sharing
Lesson 4: Email, Calendars, and Contacts
- Internet Accounts Preferences
- Adding Accounts in Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
Lesson 5: Security
- User Account Security
- System Security
- Network Security
Lesson 6: Printing from OS X Computers
- Connecting to a USB Printer
- Set Up a Printer to Print Wirelessly
- Printing to a Network Printer
- Specify Your Printer's Features
- Share Your Printer
Lesson 7: Instant Messaging
- About iMessage and iOS Devices
- About Jabber Accounts
- Configuring Messages
- Chat on Your Local Network
Lesson 8: Data Management and Backup
- Migrating Data from Windows to a Mac
- Backing Up Data
Lesson 9: Cross-Platform Compatibility
- Cross-Platform Compatibility
- Running Windows on a Mac
- Exam name: Mac Integration Basics 10.10*
- Certification name: Apple Certified Associate - Mac Integration 10.10
Note: This course is not sponsored or authorized by Apple.
- Who should attend
- Employees bringing their first Mac into a business with a Windows server.
- Windows IT professionals who need to integrate a Mac into their Windows network.
- Resellers, distributors, systems integrators, and consultants who are selling and/or integrating Mac computers into a Windows environment.
Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X skills.