This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
This course offers 21.00 NASBA CPEs.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course offers:
18.00 PMI Leadership PDUs
This seminar will give you the crucial foundational skills to shift from being an individual contributor to a well-respected manager who can achieve team synergy and drive bottom-line performance.
Using guided role play, exercises and skill practice sessions, you will discover how to adjust your management style and tackle new challenges. In-depth skills practice using the Situational Leadership II ® model combined with interactive activities take you through the paces of motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management and leadership. You will be able to improve on key weakness areas, play to your strength and get the best results from every member of your team.
*The Live Online Section is worth 12 PMI Leadership PDUs instead of 18, and 14 NASBA Credits instead of 21.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Defining Your Role
• Identify the Qualities and Abilities Required for Effective Management
• Define Management
• Identify Managers’ Roles and Responsibilities
• Describe the Issues and Challenges That New Managers Face
• Define the Goal of Performance Management
• Describe a Process for Effective Performance Management
• Identify the Challenges to Performance Management
• Practice the Skills of Performance Management
• Describe the Importance of Communication for Effective Management
• Recognize the Qualities of Effective Management
• Describe the Process of Communication and the Barriers That Can Derail It
• Use the Ladder of Inference
• Identify the Importance of Each Element of Face-to-Face Communication
• Identify the Appropriate Use of Communication Methods
• Identify the Challenges with and Best Practices for Communicating with a Virtual Team
Understanding and Appreciating Situational Leadership® II
“The Art of Influencing Others”
• Define Leadership as the Art of Influencing Others
• Examine the Three Skills of a Situational Leader
• Apply the Three Skills
Coaching for Performance
• Define Coaching
• Identify the Requirements for Effective Coaching
• Identify Effective Coaching Practices
• Use a Process for Coaching Behavioral Challenges
• Use the AMA Guide to Plan and Manage a Coaching Discussion
• Differentiate Between Coaching and Disciplining
• Define Motivation
• Identify the Importance of a Motivational Climate
• Recognize Important Elements of the Motivational Process
• Identify Managerial Practices for Building a Motivational Climate
Delegating for Growth and Development
• Identify the Types of Delegation That Managers Can Engage In
• Identify the Importance of and the Barriers to Effective Delegation
• Recognize Your Comfort Level with Delegation
• Describe the Process of Effective Delegation
• Identify What Can and Can’t Be Delegated
• Use a Process for Conducting a Delegation Process
- Who should attend
Managers with one to three years of experience who are seeking additional management training.
- Bonus Materials
Suggested Follow-on Course: Professional Skills Boot Camp