This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
This course offers 25.00 NASBA CPEs.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
The skills you'll learn in this course will enable you to apply effective leadership strategies, improve your interpersonal communication, become more influential, help guide your staff through change, and deal with conflict and practice ethical principles during the entire project management process.
With the aid of the hands-on case study exercises, you'll learn to create a motivating team atmosphere and ultimately manage your project successfully.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
1. Introduction to Project Leadership
- What Is Project Management?
- Role of Project Manager as Organizational Leader
- Begin Developing Leadership Development Plan
- The Triple Constraint
- Leadership Skills
2. Leadership and Management
- Leadership vs. Management
- Leadership Orientation
- Management Styles
- Three Functions of Management
- Trait Theory
- Fiedler's Contingency Model
- The Leaders Window
3. Interpersonal Communication
- The Communication Loop
- Filters and Barriers
- The Interpersonal Gap
- Active Listening
- Influences on a Project Manager
- Influence Styles
- Power and the Project Manager
- Motivation Theories
- Motivating Under-Performing Team Members
- Rewards and Behavior
- Creating a Motivation Plan
- Vroom's Expectancy Theory
6. Effective Teams
- Team Roles
- Stages of Project Team Development
- Team Process and Functional Teams
- Coaching Team Members
- Types of risks in complex projects
- Approaches to identification
- Risk assessment and response planning
7. Change Management
- What is Change Management?
- Being an Organizational Change Agent
- Influencers of Change
- Stages of Organizational Change
- Strategies to Manage Change
- What is Conflict?
- Constructive Conflict vs. Destructive Conflict
- Conflict Reactions to Avoid
- Conflict Resolution Techniques
- Staying Calm in Conflict Situations
- What is Negotiation?
- Attitudes About Negotiation
- Negotiation Requirements
- Formal Project Negotiation Planning
9. Ethics and Leadership
- Ethics and Values
- Personal and Business Ethics
- Project Management Institute Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Who should attend
Who should attend this course:
- Associate project managers
- Project managers
- IT project managers
- Project coordinators
- Project analysts
- Project leaders
- Senior project managers
- Team leaders
- Product managers
- Program managers