ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
Ranorex provides an all-in one environment for creating and running automated tests for many popular software environments, application frameworks, and mobile devices. It enables teams to set up robust test automation regardless of their programming or scripting experience. Because Ranorex tests applications from a user's perspective, even manual UI testers can take advantage of the power of automated tests. Ranorex offers complete flexibility with code-free testing for non-programmers as well as a professional API for more sophisticated test automation needs.
Participants begin by recording and replaying simple tests against desktop and web applications, learning how many of the same techniques can be used for testing different software environments. As the course proceeds, students continue to enhance and refine these tests, adding validation steps, creating modular tests from reusable components, and using external data sources to form iterative, data-driven tests. Other exercises introduce and provide practice with Ranorex's powerful object recognition, error-management, and reporting capabilities.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
1. Basic Recording and Playback
- Recording a Windows Forms Test
- Recording a Web Test
- Using Different Playback Options
- Best Practices for Recording and Playback
2. Editing Recordings
- Examining a Recorded Module
- Naming Modules and Test Cases
- Editing Key Sequences
- Removing Unnecessary Actions
- Recording Validation Steps
- Comparison Expressions
- Validation Failures
4. The Repository
- Naming Repository Items
- Adding Repository Items
- Adding Actions to Modules
- Organizing the Repository
- Cleaning Up the Repository
5. Test Cases and Test Suites (Structuring Tests)
- Creating Modular Test Cases
- Partial "Instant" Recordings
- Defining Execution Order
- Building Hierarchical Test Cases
6. Variables and Data-Driven Tests
- Replacing Constants with Variables in Modules
- Copying Variables among Modules
- Creating Data Sources
- Binding Variables to Data Sources
- Data Binding and Iteration
7. Handling Errors
- Finding Error Sources from the Logs
- Handling Individual Action Failures
- Applying Test Case Error Options
- Repository Timeouts
- Handling Conditional Popups
8. Cross-Browser Tests
- Running Tests On Different Browsers
- Recording Cross-Browser Tests
- Adapting to Browser Differences
- Best Practices for Web Testing
9. Path Expressions and Ranorex Spy
- Understanding Path Expression Syntax
- Exploring the Desktop and Applications with Spy
- Generalizing Path Expressions with Variables
10. Running Tests
- Creating Configurations
- Running Tests from the Command Line
- Continuous Integration
- Who should attend
This course is for the beginning to intermediate Ranorex user, with skillsets ranging from business analysts and manual testers through test automation engineers. Programming skills are not needed.
- Bonus Materials
Get a full-featured 30-day trial of Ranorex test automation software.
Although previous experience with Ranorex is not required, professionals with current Ranorex experience will find the course to be full of tips and techniques for getting the most out of the Ranorex test automation framework.