This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course offers:
15.00 PMP/PgMP Technical PDUs
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building digital services is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day SAFe for Government training course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, planning, and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
ASPE is proud to be a Silver Level partner with Scaled Agile, the exclusive certifying body for the Scaled Agile Framework. Attending this class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP).
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
- Advancing Lean-Agile in Government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Creating high performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Delivering value in program increments
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
- Taking action
- Who should attend
This course is designed for government leaders and lead practitioners who are considering, planning, or advocating implementation of Lean-Agile and DevOps practices with SAFe in their agencies, programs or public sector organizations. Examples include:
- Executives, directors, branch chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and project managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
- Bonus Materials
Course registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- One exam attempt upon General Availability of the course (re-takes at an additional fee)
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course