This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
This course offers 25.00 NASBA CPEs.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course offers:
21.00 PMP/PgMP Technical PDUs
This three-day SharePoint course is a comprehensive and detailed discussion about the proper techniques for deploying SharePoint by focusing on how to build and maintain proper Governance. This class begins by ensuring that each student understands what SharePoint is and the business proposition for the enterprise collaboration platform. This course is an in-depth discussion into the business case and ROI of SharePoint and how to tie SharePoint to your company vision. Class dives into Governance by teaching students the value of proper Governance planning, deployment and ongoing support. Students will define a vision for SharePoint and will work together on exercises designed to give a real-world understanding of the steps required when building the team as well as answering the critical questions.
Students will be introduced to all of the features of SharePoint and the considerations around each as they relate to Governance. While the class will focus mainly on SharePoint features, the class is also relevant regardless of the SharePoint version that is deployed. The class dives deeply into the most important considerations for business as well as operational decisions that need to be made to guarantee a successful SharePoint deployment.
This class is designed for SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 365 users. Labs are conducted in SharePoint 2016.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
1. Introduction to the class
2. Overview of SharePoint
- What is SharePoint?
- Business objectives
- Tying to the corporate vision
- Edition comparison
Lab 1: Defining the Vision/Mission of SharePoint
3. Introduction to SharePoint features (the importance of each)
- Architecture fundamentals
- Permissions Overview
- Collaboration features
Lab 2: Creating a basic SharePoint site
4. Understanding SharePoint Governance?
- What exactly is Governance?
- When should Governance start?
- Creating the plan
- Defining guiding principles
- Discuss Social
- Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining Policies and Guidelines
Lab 3: Principle development and Social planning
5. Planning for Governance
- Business considerations
- Technical considerations
- Information Architecture considerations
Lab 4: Planning Checklist
6. Planning your Adoption Strategy
- Engaging teams
- Sites that drive usage
- Including everyone in the process
- SharePoint Users Community
- Training and Support
Lab 5: Creating a SPUG Community
7. Security Planning
- Authentication mechanisms
- Sharing information internally and externally
- Roles-based management
- Permission Levels
- Tightening security in Central Admin and Site Collections
- Building and communicating your security plan
8. Enterprise Content Management
- What is ECM?
- What are the components?
- Managing site lifecycle
- Advanced tools (Content Organizer, Information Management Policies)
- Records management
Lab 6: Managing site permissions, defining and using content
9. Social Planning
- Understanding the business need and value proposition
- Social features (Newsfeed, Ratings, Folksonomy:Social Tagging, E2.0 tools)
- Going beyond the "Comfort Zone" to make teams more productive
Lab 7: Using the social tools to engage teams
10. Search Planning
- Planning is critical from the beginning
- Understanding how search works in SharePoint
11. BI Planning
- BI Tools (Excel Services, Visio Services, PerformancePoint Services, Access Services, Power View, PowerPivot for SharePoint and SQL)
- Which tools should you use?
12. Office Integration
- Exporting to Excel
- OneDrive Pro
- Outlook connections
- Site Mailboxes
- Office Web Apps
Lab 8: Working with Office Integration
13. Review and Assessment
- Who should attend
Any individual participating in the planning, deployment, and adoption phases of SharePoint would benefit from this class. Preferably students will have at least basic SharePoint knowledge or experience.
Specific Titles of Potential Attendees:
- SharePoint Governance Lead
- IT business analysts
- Key SharePoint stakeholders
- SharePoint Deployment
- Project Managers
- Site Owners
This class is for SharePoint 2013, 2016, and Office 365 Users.
- Bonus Materials
The SharePoint Institute is an organization dedicated to the advancement of SharePoint professionals through real-world business application certificates. This course has been reviewed and approved by the SharePoint Institute as an approved training course for the SharePoint Governance Certificate. Attendees will have the opportunity to take the SharePoint Project Management Assessment at the end of class, however, the exam is not required for completion of ASPE's training course.
Students would benefit most from this class if they first attend the SharePoint Site Owner and Power User Boot Camp.