This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
Imagine by 2020, the number of connected devices will exceed 50 billion. How does it affect us as an individual and companies? It means there will be enormous amounts of data (human and machine). The ability to use that data capitalize that tremendous opportunity is highly beneficial for both the individual and companies.
Join us for this two-day Tableau training class and find out how we can leverage the power of visualization. We will explore data visualization and how we can use it to better understand data using Tableau. We will also build dashboard analytics applications through hands-on exercises starting with the building components of analytics architecture through development, deployment, and simple administrative functions. This course will cover the fundamentals of Tableau visualization and build the knowledge base necessary to tackle more advanced topics offered for analysts, developers, and administrators.
The majority of this Tableau training course is hands-on in a secure cloud environment. It teaches you how to implement data visualization techniques and practices to achieve better visualization, connecting to different data sources, creating dashboards and successful project deployments.
This two-day, instructor-led training course will teach the fundamental concepts, how to prepare and import data into Tableau, create dashboards, explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization for successful implementation, and more. Students will learn through hands-on labs, class demos, and class participation exercises. This an interactive class and individuals will be expected to participate fully in all exercises to retain the maximum benefit of the course.
Looking to solve a particular issue with Tableau, or need learning targeted to your unique team environment? Have a learning advisor contact you or request more information about our onsite services and learn how we can deliver you customized Tableau training at a discounted rate.
10 Immediate Benefits of attending this Tableau course:
- Understanding exceptional analytics demand and answer deeper business questions.
- Deep thinking into the data visualization challenges
- Use the Tableau interface to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Ability to answer the “where” as well as the “why.” Create interactive maps automatically.
- Understand Big data, live or in-memory for larger dataset
- Connect to different data sources using Tableau
- Determine the who, what, why, and how of the story points
- Understand how to frame data story in Tableau
- Understanding on how do you prioritize, optimize and design for your story
- Build dashboards to share visualizations online and within your company
- Learn to create an environment where everyone in your organization can share and collaborate
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Part 1: Data Analysis and Visualization – Why Tableau?
- What are the primary uses of Tableau?
- Creating dashboard, reports
- Data discovery and Visualization
- Self-Service BI
- Simple statistical analytics like trends and forecasting
- Overview of Tableau Products (Desktop, Server, Online)
- Exercise 1: This exercise shows how to navigate desktop, server and online.
- Overview of Tableau Desktop Program
- What is the Tableau desktop program?
- What are the benefits of the desktop program?
- Importing or Connecting Data Sources to Tableau
- How do you import or connect to different data sources?
- How do you use combine joins?
- What are the Connection options and data source filters?
- Exercise 2: This exercise how and when to connect on different data sources.
- Data Manipulation Within Tableau
- How do you manipulate data in Tableau?
- What are options of data manipulation?
- Exercise 3: This exercise shows the different data manipulations used in Tableau.
- Creating Visualizations in Tableau
- How do you manage Metadata?
- How do you add/create hierarchy?
- How do you perform extraction?
- What is the difference between live and extract?
- Animating Visualizations in Tableau
- How do you create animation in Tableau visualization?
- How do you use the highlighter in Tableau?
- What are the examples of Tableau visualizations?
- Creating Dashboards in Tableau
- What are the best practices for dashboard design and visualization?
- How do you create dashboards in Tableau?
- Exercise 4: This exercise shows how to step by step create dashboards and worksheet in Tableau.
- Creating Story Points in Tableau
- How do you create story points in Tableau?
- Determine the who, what, why, and how of the storypoints
- How do you prioritize, optimize and design for your story?
- How do you frame data story in Tableau?
- What are the examples of Tableau story points?
- Exercise 5: This exercise shows different story points and how they can be used in daily work for business presentation meeting. It encourages collaboration with the team's trusted data.
Part 2: Embedding Tableau Dashboards
- What are the steps in embedding Tableau dashboards?
- Exercise 6: This exercise shows how to embed Tableau views and dashboards into web pages, portals and power point presentation.
Part 3: Advanced Concepts - Using R and Tableau
- What is R?
- How can Tableau integrate R?
Part 4: Future of Tableau and Data Visualization
- What are the current data visualization trend?
- What is the future of Tableau and how do they innovate?
- IT Governance
- Tableau New Features - Alert
- What are the primary uses of Tableau?
- Who should attend
Anyone who is interested in learning the power of analytics and dashboards.
Computer Labs Needed/Technical Specs:
We will have Tableau installation. We will use online for the students with already prepared data.