ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
NASBA continuing professional education credits (CPE) assist Certified Public Accountants in reaching their continuing education requirements.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
Placing a new system in live operation or modifying an existing one can often lead to unwanted surprises. With incompatible browsers, new tools, rapidly changing technologies and uncooperative web sites, the end result of your hard work can be a guessing game. This course will help you minimize the risks - whether launching a new web or mobile application, or an entire web site.
You will gain a thorough understanding of how to test the basic controls, content, navigability, and features of your web site or your web or mobile application - in a workable, real-world environment. We also go beyond the basics and discuss the "ilities" - multiple dimensions of web and mobile quality - such as how to check compatibility, performance, security, usability, interoperability, and operational effectiveness.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
I. What’s Special About Web & Mobile Testing?
Discuss the various types of systems that fall in this category, identify the unique testing challenges each presents, and show how the topics in this course address those challenges.
- Web-based Applications
- Web front ends to Legacy Applications
- Web Apps accessed via Mobile devices
- Native Mobile Apps
- Mobile App front ends to Legacy Applications
II. Applying Good Testing Practice
An overview of good practice in software testing with an eye toward applying them to testing web and mobile apps.
- Risk-based testing
- Test Planning
- Effective Test Cases
- Test Case Reuse
- Regression Testing
III. Web & Mobile Testing Framework
This Framework encapsulates best practice in Web and Mobile testing in and easy-to-follow structure that you can use as the template for your own test planning.
- Framework Overview
- Back-End Functional Testing
- Smoke Test
- Page Testing
- Navigation Testing
- Functional Testing
- Platform Testing
- Security Testing
- Usability Testing
- Browser Configuration Testing
- Performance Testing
- Search Engine Crawl-ability
- Mobile App Unique Testing
1. Install & Update from an App Store
2. Mobile App Usability
3. Access to Mobile Devise Features
4. Mobile App Performance
5. Mobile App Platform Testing
6. Cell Network & Wi-Fi Testing
IV. Planning for Web & Mobile Testing
Discuss good test planning practice and apply it to the unique demands of Web and Mobile testing
- Platform Testing Strategies
- Test Labs and Facilities\
- People (Skills and Knowledge)
- Testing Internally developed vs. Contractor developed vs. COTS vs. MOTS vs. Open Source
- Managing Web & Mobile Testing
V. Automating Web & Mobile Testing
Automate Web and Mobile testing to ensure the greatest test coverage within project constraints
- Test Automation Architecture
- Tool Survey
VI. Designing Web & Mobile Apps for Testability
Testing will be more effective and easier to do well if the application is designed with testing in mind
- Segregating Functionality from the UI
- Expose Functionality via APIs or Service Interfaces
- Use a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Avoid components with known security vulnerabilities (or wrap them)
- Who should attend
- System Testers
- Q&A Engineers
- Web Developers
- Software Engineers
- Systems Analysts
- Web Site Administrators
- Project Leaders
- Database Administrators
- Internet Specialists
- Web Database Developers