On-the-job facilitation of skills, tools and techniques for effectively implementing new processes and tools to ultimately accelerate team performance.
Coaching at its best is the continuation of learning through facilitated on-the-job implementation. It allows you to apply learning from training programs to very specific work situations, which greatly increases the probability that new skills become instinctive and reusable. Combining onsite training programs with coaching is the most effective way to fully integrate what is learned into your daily work.
Benefits of coaching:
- Relieves management pressure by providing additional team guidance on a day-to-day basis
- Brings an outside perspective and removes intrinsic bias and interpersonal issues
- Provides learning and mentoring opportunities to the employees
- Collaboration with leadership teams contribute to employee growth
- Exposes your teams to critical knowledge and the latest tools that assure continuous improvement
- Creates an environment that allows teams to address complex challenges rather than to avoid them
- Promotes the need for continued learning and team leadership.
When pairing coaching and onsite training:
- Applies learning from onsite training directly to work environment
- Onsite instructor remains on-site for one or two additional days
- The instructor coaches the team and provides on-the-job support for integrating new skills
- Motivates your teams to sustain best practices and to set realistic expectations for success