Name: Abrar Hashmi
Primary Expertise: Agile
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Drexel University.
Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SPC)
Certified Scrum Professional (CSP),
Adjunct Faculty, Comcast University
Certified Scrum Professional (CSM)
Notable Clients & Employers:
- John Hancock
- Bank of Sweden
- Lightning Gaming Inc.
- Banker’s Academy
- Bank of America
- Electronic Arts
- Intuit / TurboTax
- State Dept. of NY
- JB Hunt
Result driven, highly motivated, client facing experienced agile evangelist, program manager, Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant 4.0 (SPC), Certified Less Practitioner (CLP), ICAgile Authorized Trainer with over 10 years of experience working as a technologist and change management specialist in industries ranging from telecommunication to entertainment to banking and healthcare
Abrar specializes in serving as an Enterprise Agile Coach/ Senior Program Director for organizations interested in transforming to Agile framework. He excels at identifying team’s needs with regards to agile and coaching them through the introductory phases. He has helped multiple organizations in scaling Agile utilizing the fundamentals of SAFe, LeSS and DAD. Abrar enjoys using his vast professional experience to give his students rich knowledge that they can take back to their organization and use.
- Served as Enterprise Agile Portfolio Director and Process Change Agent for Technology + Product (T+P) with over ten thousand employees at Comcast Cable
- Successful enterprise-wide implementation of agile processes as Agile Program Director for delivery of large-scale initiatives
- Awarded the Rex Star Award for implementing best Agile Scrum Master program management practices (CIL)
- Set-up multiple agile release trains helping deliver minimum viable product to millions of Comcast users serving over 1.2 billion queries per day
- Agile Kanban Delivery lead for Emmy award-winning Comcast Recommendations platform serving 24 million users
- Presented on various agile techniques, concepts and innovation games at various locations, including the 2017 SAFe Summit in San Antonio, TX
- Trained over 2000 individuals on Agile and Lean concepts providing 2-3 day Scaled Agile certification sessions, DevOps, Scrum master and product owner, Agile Coaching and Testing training classes for multiple Fortune 500 companies all over the world
- Extensive use of popular web programming languages specifically ASP, PHP, JS, HTML & JAVA, SQL with experience ranging from creating views to using TSQL for stored procedures, views and functions
Abrar works to facilitate seamless collaboration between developers, product owners and leaders managing dependencies and focus on customer satisfaction. He utilizes strengths of individuals and harnesses their collective power to deliver results. Abrar is able to use agile methodologies, including Scrum, Kanban, Lean & Extreme Programming to create a focused and dedicated development team and deliver high-quality products with maximum features in minimum time. He uses his experience to work with development teams by improving their process and their effectiveness with Agile and Scrum and helps them create continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines allowing organizations to achieve enterprise-wide agility.
"Abrar did a fantastic job of presenting such a large amount of info in a very accessible format. His passion for DevOps and Agile culture was evident from the start. He got our team thinking about current work issues, pain points, tech debt, etc. and he challenged us to apply the coursework immediately." - Core Ticketing Director, Ticketmaster