Name: Tom Robbins
Primary Expertise: SharePoint 2007/2010/2013, Exchange 2007/2010, Server 2008 R2, MS Project Server, DNS, SQL, Cisco PIX, Information Security Policy, GLBA, SOX, Vista, Technical Training
Education/Credentials: MCP, MCTS, MCITP SA/EA, MCT, CTT+, B.S in Computer Science and M.S. in Rehabilitation Service from East Carolina University
Notable Clients & Employers:
- Northrop Grumman
- First South Bank
- US Department of Health and Human Services - Office of the Inspector General
- Denver International Airport
- Kuwait Oil Company
- NewsGator Technologies
Before becoming a full-time trainer, Tom had 25+ years in the telecommunications and IT industry. He has worked for companies including Bell Northern Research, Nortel, Universal Studios, MCA Records, Disney, Warner Bros, RBC Bank, and more. A few of his positions in these companies have included Senior Network Engineer, Senior Vice President, CTO, and President. He also led training on SharePoint and Social Collaboration for the Kuwait Oil Company and provided partner training for Strion (formerly NewsGator) in Europe.
- Tom led training on SharePoint and social collaboration for Kuwait Oil Company.
- Working as Director of Technical Training for NewsGator, Tom designed and implemented a partner training program, end user training and administrative technical training.
- Tom served as Senior VP and IT Director for First South Bank, a large community bank with $1 billion in assets.
- Tom founded Robbins Professional Group, where he provides consulting and training on Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012 and SharePoint 2010/2013
- At CoBank’s corporate headquarters, Tom developed a custom SharePoint user training program for more than 15 user teams for the PMO. He continues to implement their training programs.
- As a Microsoft Certified Trainer and CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer, he has trained more than 1.000 people.
- Providing organizational SharePoint users with the skills to create and customize SharePoint sites, build custom workflows, automate business processes, utilize InfoPath, enable collaborative communication and creat and use SharePoint dashboards and KPIs.
- Coaching and training individuals on SharePoint installation, upgrades, administration and usage.
- Creating a stimulating training environment that engages students and improves retention of skills and knowledge.
- Helping organizations harness the power of social collaboration with SharePoint.
- Working with stakeholders and executives to ensure that SharePoint enterprise needs are met.