Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™)
As a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), you’ve been introduced to Scrum values, practices, and applications. You now understand how to provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers.
Becoming Agile is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Through the Scrum Alliance A-CSM course, you’ll learn to:
- Facilitate dialogue between the Product Owner, team members, customers, stakeholders, and executives.
- Respond confidently when encountering resistance to change, lack of engagement, low motivation, and unavailability of key people.
- Help your company adopt Scrum and support executives committed to Agile values.
- Remove impediments that prevent long-term, deep adoption of Scrum and Agile practices by all parts of the business.
- Explain the value of Scrum and Agile processes to skeptics.
- Increase developer engagement to encourage greater accountability, commitment, and buy-in.
- Extend the impact of Scrum throughout the organization.
- Scale Scrum and Agile beyond a single team.
- Leverage your learning to gain recognition and status as the local Agile expert in your company.
Most importantly, by receiving the A-CSM certification, you will improve your implementation of Scrum in the workplace and keep your team on the right track.
What are the other benefits of an Advanced ScrumMaster certification?
A focus on implementation - The A-CSM program is designed to build on your foundational knowledge with enhanced skills for the implementation of Scrum and Agile techniques within your company and teams.
Distinguish yourself in the global marketplace. Our Certified Scrum Trainers, Team Coaches, and Enterprise Coaches have cultivated over 725,000 practitioners. The new A-CSM certification provides an opportunity to take the next step and stand out in the global Scrum community.
- Stand out in your industry - As a member of the Scrum Alliance globally recognized community, you show your employer (or potential employer) your potential as a highly valued professional.
Requirements for Advanced ScrumMaster Certification
First you need to earn your CSM certification. After this you can attend our Advanced ScrumMaster (A-CSM) course, which will provide you with a set of techniques and skills that go beyond the basics and mechanics of Scrum, expanding into interaction, facilitation, coaching, and team dynamics.
After successfully completing all Educator-designed components of an approved educational offering, all that is left is for you to demonstrating at least one-year work experience specific to the role of ScrumMaster (from within the past five years).
Certification Cost is Included with Course Tuition
|Required Certification||Certified Scrum Master (CSM)|
Minimum one year in the role of Scrum Master in last five years
Required attendance in Scrum Alliance approved Advanced Certified Scrum Master course
30 Scrum Education Credits (SEUs) need to be earned every two years in order to renew the A-CSM certification. There is also a $175 Renewal Fee.
ASPE offers multiple courses that award SEUs. However, for those classes to award SEUs they must be taught by a Scrum Alliance certified trainer. If you are not sure whether an ASPE course or instructor qualifies you for SEUs, or how many SEUs a class is worth, contact your training advisor.