Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
As a CSSLP, you have an internationally-recognized ability to incorporate security practices — authentication, authorization and auditing — into each phase of the software development lifecycle (SDLC). The CSSLP shows you can:
- Develop an application security program in your organization
- Reduce production costs, source code vulnerabilities and delivery delays.
- Enhance the credibility of your organization and your team.
- Reduce losses due to insecure software breaches.
Here are just a few reasons to earn your CSSLP certification:
- Instant credibility. The CSSLP proves you’re a subject matter expert in application security. It shows you have desirable skills for employers around the world, giving you more opportunities.
- Increased compensation. While pay practices vary by employer, many CSSLPs find that this software security certification can lead to pay gains and “skill premiums.”
- Relevant, new knowledge. Earning the CSSLP is a great way to expand your security knowledge, in addition to affirming your expertise. It offers continuing education, so you can keep your skills current and relevant.
- Versatile skills. The CSSLP isn’t product specific, so you can easily apply your skills to different technologies and methodologies.
- A broader perspective. As a CSSLP, you have a holistic understanding of best practices, policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle. And you have the skills to advise others on how to build secure software. This expertise can set you up for new jobs and opportunities.
- Better protect your organization. You make software safer. You make the world safer. Simple as that. As a CSSLP, you have the power to protect your organization — and all the people counting on it to keep their sensitive data safe.
Exam Fee: $549
175 multiple choice questions over 4 hours proctored at Pearson Vue Testing Center
*Relevant education may reduce experience requirement
Minimum 4 years of SDLC experience in at least 1 of the 8 domains of the (ISC)2 CSSLP Common Body of Knowlegde (CBK)
|Other Requirement Details||
Subscribe to Code of Ethics (https://www.isc2.org/Ethics)
Annual Maintenance Fee: $100