ICAgile Certified Professional in Foundations of DevOps (ICP-FDO)
The ICP-FDO is one of two Continuous Learning Certifications (CLCs) on the DevOps Track. This certification provides an overview of core concepts for DevOps and is geared towards a broad audience of professionals, technical and non-technical. The learning objectives cover areas such as the business case for DevOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, accompanying cultural changes, operational considerations, configuration management, etc. Participants who complete this certification will gain an excellent foundation in DevOps concepts and ingredients for a successful transition. Typically, training providers will cover the required learning objectives in approximately 14 hours of instructional activities over the course of two days.
ASPE provides you an in-depth view of the foundation of DevOps concepts including:
- How to leverage infrastructure automation using configuration tools
- How to spot positive feedback loops in IT work and capitalize on them
- Getting real-world techniques for implementing agile concepts into infrastructure management
- How to continuously monitor capacity and operations
- Map and visualize IT workflow to eliminate bottlenecks and streamline capacity
- Learn techniques to effectively communicate the progress and results of your DevOps efforts to management
- In-class discussion on the state of IaaS and PaaS, and expert updates on which cloud capabilities you should be aware of or considering
- Implement a plan for leadership participation and transformation of the IT mentality
- Transform IT from an unpredictable cost center to a strategic source of business value and competitive advantage
Currently, ASPE offers one course that has been approved to offer the ICP-FDO:
Certification Cost is Included with Course Tuition.
Although there is not an ICAgile official exam, ICAgile allows for their course accreditors to determine appropriate means for retention of the learning outcomes. Depending on your provider, there may be some type of assessment in order to earn certification.
Many providers assess via participation, activity and understanding conveyed via exercises and discussion, withholding certification when appropriate.
Successfully complete an ICAgile accredited course taught by an ICAgile Authorized Instructor.
ICAgile Authorized Instructors can withhold certifications based on lack of participation or understanding of course learning outcomes.