SAFe Agile Product and Solution Management (APSM)
An Agile Product and Solution Manager combines Design Thinking with Lean-Agile values and principles to create products and solutions that are desirable, viable, feasible, and sustainable. They understand how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps to define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets and accelerate the product lifecycle to get fast feedback to deliver exception products and solutions.
Key Areas of Competency
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore Innovation in the Value Stream
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Use empathy to drive design
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing, and competitive landscape
The first step toward becoming an Certified SAFe® 4 Agile Product and Solution Manager is to attend the Agile Product and Solution Management course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Attendees of the certification course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending. A background in product or solution management is highly recommended.
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the exam: