SAFe 5 Government Practitioner (SGP)
The SAFe 5 Government Practitioner (SGP) certification displays an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation in a government environment.
To perform the role of a SAFe® for Government leader, attendees should be able to:
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
Must attend accredited SAFe for Government training course.
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.