This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) is an in-depth two-day immersion into the world of the ScrumMaster role. The class explores Agile Facilitation and Agile Coaching and how the ScrumMaster uses these skills to support the team, the Product Owner and the Organization. The class is full of real-world examples from the attendees' experiences and coaches attendees through practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. The class is a deep dive into your role as a ScrumMaster and the hands-on activities and exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the next level of Scrum firsthand.
In this course, you'll learn to:
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Lean, Agile, and Scrum
Agile and Lean values, principles, and worldview
- Leveraging other Agile frameworks, and how they related to Scrum
- Practical experience rectifying common pitfalls
Empirical process control
- Function of inspect-and-adapt in each meeting
- Triage situations when transparency, inspection, and adaption need improvement
- See the linkage between the mechanics of Scrum and the underlying theory of Empirical Process Control
Agile Facilitation and Coaching
- Overcoming challenges of integrating multiples frames of reference
- Understanding when not to act as the facilitator, and let a group self-organize
- Planning collaborative meetings
- Demonstrate facilitation of a meeting, opening
- Integrating different perspectives
- Coming to a group decision
- Understanding the ScrumMaster’s many “stances”
- Gain a basic toolkit of coaching techniques
Service to the Team
Identify the common issues the undermine Self-Organization
- Definition of Done
- Value of Engineering Practices
- Coaching the Product Owner
Service to the Organization
- Resolving Impediments
- Scaling Scrum
- Organizational Change
- Personal Development
- Servant Leadership
- Who should attend
- Individuals who have been in the ScrumMaster role for at least 12 months
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers
Anyone is welcome to take this course, however to receive your Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM™) you need to:Have a current Certified ScrumMaster™ Certification (CSM™)Complete the 2 day Advanced Certified ScrumMaster™ (A-CSM) Have at least 12 months of experience within the last 5 years that you demonstrate by updating the experience on your Scrum Alliance Profile.
Additionally, although it is not mandatory, students who have completed the self-paced Foundations of Agile eLearning course have found it very helpful when completing this course.