This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) is an in-depth two-day immersion into the world of the ScrumMaster Product Owner role. The class explores Agile Facilitation and Agile Coaching and how the ScrumMaster uses these skills to support the team, the Product Owner and the Organization. The class is full of real-world examples with practical tools and techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. The class is a deep dive into your role, and you will learn about managing stakeholders, creating and grooming the Product Backlog, and the emerging detail with Product Backlog Items. You will participate in exercises, in-depth discussion, case studies and techniques to help illustrate practices and principles.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Part 1: Product Owner Core Competencies
Part 2: Examining the Product Owner Role
- Mindset of the successful Product Owner
- Techniques to interact with Stakeholders over multiple Sprints
- Open discussion and listening methods with stakeholders
- How to facilitate final decisions
Part 3: Working with the Development Team
- Why the Product Owner should be cautious of accumulating technical debt.
- Technical practices to help Scrum Teams create a better product
- Increment and reduce technical debt each Sprint.
Part 4: Product Ownership with Multiple Teams
- Recognize how to effectively scale Scrum
- Visualize, manage, and reduce dependencies
Part 5: Advanced Purpose and Strategy
- Developing Practical Product Strategies
Part 6: Empathizing with Customers and Users
- Customer Research and Product Discovery
Part 7: Advanced Product Assumption Validation
Part 8: Advanced Techniques for Working with the Product Backlog
- Differentiating Outcome and Output
- Defining Value
- Ordering Items
- Who should attend
- Individuals who have been in the ScrumMaster role for at least 12 months
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Project Managers/Business Analysts
- CSPO with 1+ years of experience as a Scrum Master Certification: To be eligible for the Advanced CSPO, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be an existing CSPO in good standing with the Scrum Alliance
- Complete a pre-program assessment
- Be prepared to share your personal experiences
- Attend and complete the 2-day program
- Complete a post-program questionnaire
- Catalog 12 months of relevant work experience in your Scrum Alliance profile prior to the class
Attendance and Virtual Camera Requirement
It is incumbent upon the trainer to verify that each participant meets the objectives for certification. To ensure participation, trainers will require attendees in this class to turn on their cameras. Attendees not meeting this criteria or who miss a portion of the class may not meet certification requirements, and therefore, will be ineligible to take the exam.