This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course offers:
14.00 PMP/PgMP Technical PDUs
14.00 PMI-ACP Technical PDUs
Marketers today are challenged by many things – the speed of change, adoption of new technologies, the increasing empowerment of buyers, and limited resources. Despite these challenges, traditional marketing planning and execution has not changed much in more than 50 years. Without needed changes, marketers are suffering from lack of transparency, time crunches and lack of flexibility.
In this Agile Marketing training course we will explore why conventional methods of managing marketing no longer work, and why Agile Marketing, inspired by Agile software development, helps marketing teams get more done and adapt quickly to changing marketing requirements. We will explain the principles, processes, terminology and tools of Agile Marketing. We will provide real-world examples of how teams are using Agile Marketing today, and discuss how to inspire and organize marketers for maximum effectiveness in Agile Marketing teams.
We'll also cover some practicalities of implementing Agile Marketing in organizations, including transitioning to it, sustaining it, what can go wrong (and how to avoid it), selling it into the organization and the impact of Agile Marketing on your budgeting process.
*If you're interested in becoming Certified in Agile Marketing, check out our Certified Agile Marketer (ICP-MKT) course.
In Agile Marketing Boot Camp, Students will learn how to:
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
1. Agile Marketing: The Basics
Provide an introduction to Agile marketing and help students understand how Agile marketing developed and where it fits in their marketing program.
- Introduction to Agile marketing
- Exploring if Agile marketing will work for your business
- Examining the Scrum process
2. Agile Marketing Implementation
Agile marketing is built upon the concept of improving the flexibility and adaptability of your marketing process. In this section students will learn the basics of the Agile marketing methodology and explore how they can be applied within their organization.
- Traits of a great Agile marketer
- How to reduce time and improve effectiveness
- Advantages of developing a sprint plan
- Defining roles of different team members
3. Agile Marketing: Foundational Elements
Agile marketing has several core elements that marketers must be familiar with in order to master it. In this section we will introduce students to key core elements and explain the role they play in the Agile marketing process.
- How to identify target segments
- Building the right buyer persona
- Which buyer's journey should you use
Activity: Creating the right marketing persona & customer journey for your Agile process
4. Agile Marketing with Scrum
The heart of Agile marketing is applying the scrum project management process to marketing teams. Students will learn the basics of developing a sprint strategy to be applied to their Agile marketing program.
- Will your business work with scrum
- The basics of Sprint planning
- Sprinting with a Scrum board
- Daily Scrum pitfalls to avoid
- How to track progress
- How to measure results
Activity: Create a mock Agile backlog
Activity: Create a mock Sprint backlog
5. Agile Marketing: Advanced Scrum Topics
To help students go further with Agile marketing, we will explore some advanced topics, which will build on the foundations developed in day one of this class.
- Stories Inside Of Scrum
- MVC vs MVP And Why They Matter
- Long-term Planning For Success
6. Measuring Outcomes
In this section students will learn how to use a combination of reporting tools and dashboards to develop a measurement and reporting structure to evaluate their Agile marketing process and keep their organization's leadership and stakeholders informed of the progress.
- Best reporting tools to use
- Reporting dashboard to track velocity
- Scenario modeling for different tasks
7. Adopting Agile Marketing Into Your Company Culture
To get started with Agile marketing, you need to make sure that your organization is ready to operate in an Agile marketing environment. In this section students will learn the essential pieces that should be in place before introducing agile to your colleagues.
- Scrum team and its roles
- Selling Agile to the organization
- Getting buy in from all parties
- Different forms of the Agile marketing methodologies
Activity: Simulate a daily morning standup identifying the different roles for each team player
8. Common Pitfalls of Agile Marketing
- The best practices to get instant results
- What to do when someone leaves
- Continual support from the C-suite
- Who should attend
- Marketing Managers, Directors, VPs or CMOs
- Marketing Specialists or Coordinators
- Marketing Analysts and Database Managers
- Agency Client Services Managers and Specialists
- Account Specialists
- Event Marketing Professionals
- Media Buyers and Supervisors
- Traffic Coordinators and Managers
- Digital Marketers
- Web Content Editors and Managers
- SEO Specialists and Marketers
- Art and Creative Designers and Directors
- Public Relations Account Supervisors and Managers
- Communications Specialists and Managers
Although it is not mandatory, students who have completed the self-paced Foundations of Agile eLearning course have found it very helpful when completing this course.