This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This 3-day instructor-led course will teach how to use the foundational tools in Alteryx Designer. This course is designed for individuals with little or no Alteryx Designer experience who are looking to learn and understand how to use Alteryx. This comprehensive Alteryx training course will cover all the basic building blocks needed to create data preparation and automation workflows.
We’ll start by teaching the basics: reading, writing, exploring, and cleansing your data. From there, the course covers how to create various filters and calculations. After you know the basics of building a workflow, it will be time to learn how to combine multiple data streams together with joins, unions, and appends. Next, you will learn how to pivot your data set, as well as best practices for documenting and organizing your workflow. We round out the course with some tips for navigating the online Alteryx Community.
Along the way, you’ll be guided through the content with a coach, as well as have one-on-one time with them for additional opportunities to ask questions and maximize your learning. After the training sessions are complete, you’ll still retain access to the Data Coach platform, and its comprehensive lessons, for a period to keep practicing. These include step-by-step written instructions, GIF images, and video.
In this Alteryx Training Course, You Will:
- Learn about the Alteryx Platform suite and how it can be quickly utilized
- Learn how to start using those 200+ “out of the box” Alteryx Designer tools to take your data to the next level
- Understand how to connect to data and start analyzing your data immediately
- Learn workflow building tips that allow users to clean their data quickly for analysis
- Learn how to plan ahead for successful workflow builds
- Learn critical optimization techniques
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Day 1 Agenda
- Getting Started
- Kickoff w/ Alteryx (Logistics, Product Overview, Resources Review)
- Data Literacy Enablement
- Reading & Writing Data (12 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- DataWork - Use Case Videos
- Exploring & Cleansing Data (7 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- Filtering your Data Set (12 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- Writing Calculations (11 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- Combining Data Streams
- The Union Operation (6 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- The Join Operation (6 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- The Append Operation (4 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- The Find & Replace Operation (3 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
Day 2 Agenda
- DataWork – Open Discussion & Use Case Identification
- Parse Tool Palette (6 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- Pivoting your Data (6 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- Documenting & Organizing (7 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
- Navigating the Community (9 Topics | 1 Knowledge Check)
Day 3 Agenda
- Open troubleshooting about DataWork
- Tips & Tricks
- Q&A Section
- Data Work - Presentation time
- Beyond the Favorites Bar
- Getting Started
- Who should attend
- Data Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Business Intelligence Analysts/Developers/Specialists/Managers
- Data Scientist
- Market Researcher
- Data Consultants
- Data Engineers
No prior experience with Alteryx is needed, however; we recommend that students be familiar with data analytics terms and concepts before attending a session of this course.