This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course offers:
19.00 PMP/PgMP Technical PDUs
2.00 PMI Strategic PDUs
The CISA certification training course will begin with a review of the IS audit process based upon internationally accepted audit standards. The student will learn methods for conducting a risk assessment as well as techniques to successfully evaluate the effectiveness of Information Technology (IT) controls based upon the identified risks. Students will also become familiar with Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) from an IS auditor’s perspective. The course will also review the processes for ensuring the organizational strategies and objectives are met not only during the acquisition, development and testing phases of the systems life cycle but also during the operations and maintenances phases.
While designed to review the IS audit processes and procedures, this CISA certification training course has a focus on preparing candidates to sit for the CISA certification examination. This focus will include practice exams and question analysis to aid students in figuring out exactly what the questions are asking and how to answer them.
Download your copy of the CISM/CISA Boot Camp brochure by filling the form on the left-hand side.
The CISA® exam is offered three times per year, over a window of dates. The window dates for 2019 are:
- June 1st, 2019 – September 23rd, 2019
- October 1st, 2019 – January 24th, 2020
To find a testing location near you, please visit www.isaca.org/examlocations.
In This CISA Training Course, You Will:
- Understand the fundamentals of audit and risk analysis techniques
- Become familiar with audit planning
- Understand the criticality of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Quality Management
- Recognize the contributions an auditor can make to basic business functions such as human resource management and contract management
- Discover how IS audit can play an important role in improving the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and acquisitions processes
- Understand how to identify and mitigate problems during the operations and maintenance of IT systems
- Develop processes and procedure for conducting incident management, business continuity, and disaster recovery
- Understand the major tenants of IS security including confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Explore basic IT security controls including encryption, mobile security, and data classification
- Discover the challenges organizations face when implementing cloud-based solutions and techniques for auditing the cloud
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Part 1: The Process of Auditing Information Systems
Provide audit services in accordance with IT audit standards to assist the organization in protecting and controlling information systems.
- Audit process / IT audit standards
- Audit & risk
- Control objectives and controls
- Audit planning
- Audit QA
Part 2: Governance and Management of IT
Provide assurance that the necessary leadership and organization structure and processes are in place to achieve objectives and to support the organization's strategy.
- Roles / responsibilities
- Policies / standards / guidelines
- Enterprise Risk management
- Information Security Strategy
- Quality management
- Resource management
- Human Resources
- Contract management
- Business Continuity Planning
Part 3: Information Systems Acquisition, Development, and Implementation
Provide assurance that the practices for the acquisition, development, testing, and implementation of information systems meet the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- Benefit realization
- Project/program management
- IT architectures
- Project risk analysis/management
- Development methodologies
- Configuration management / release management
Part 4: Information Systems Operations, Maintenance, and Support
Provide assurance that the processes for information systems operations, maintenance, and support meet the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- Third parties management
- Capacity planning
- System interfaces
- Incident management
- Configuration Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Backup & restoration
Part 5: Protection of Information Assets
Provide assurance that the organization’s security policies, standards, procedures, and controls ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
- Confidentiality - Integrity - Availability
- Identification - Authentication - Authorization - Accounting
- Policies / Standards / Baselines / Guidelines
- Security awareness
- Access controls
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Mobile / wireless
- Data classification
- Environmental protection
- VOIP security
- Social media security
- Who should attend
- IT Auditors
- Security Auditors
- Information Systems Managers
- Internal Audit Directors
- Security Analysts
- Risk Analysts
- Compliance Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Security Managers and Directors
- Bonus Materials
Pass ISACA's CISM exam – guaranteed
If you take the CISA® exam within four weeks of taking this course and do not pass, send us the score report and you may attend another CISA Exam Boot Camp session within one year at no additional cost.
Please note that we do not offer an exam voucher with the purchase of this course.