This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course shows students how to grow product coaching in your organization and how to coach product development teams. The course has been used to establish coaching and coaches in organizations of all sizes around the world. In this course students learn and work through hands-on exercises, individually and in small groups, to develop coaching skills in these five areas:
Assessments and Coaching Plans: Assess the strengths, challenges, and opportunities for an organization to identify practices that will quickly show value. Provide a coaching plan that establishes goals, measurements, and monitoring tools; ensure the organization has a clearly defined path to achieving its desired outcomes and goals.
Scaled Product Agility: Lead dual-track discovery and delivery cadences whether you’re working with a single team delivering a single product, many teams delivering a single product, or many teams delivering a large platform or suite of products. Coordinate cross-team discovery and delivery, ensuring there is cross-team collaboration and continuous product learning.
Product Discovery: Guide raw product discovery and design ensuring a shared product vision across the entire product development community. Create product roadmaps and delivery plans.
Core Coaching Practices: Apply core practices including active listening, questioning, storytelling, teaching, and leading to your work with product delivery communities. Learn how to apply these skills in the context of discovery and delivery to drive collaboration and team effectiveness.
Self-Assessment: Develop a roadmap for self-development. Identify your own strengths, challenges and opportunities for growth as a coach.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
- Overview of the coaching model
- Assessing strengths, challenges, and opportunities
- Collaboratively identifying desired outcomes and goals
- Selecting agile practices that will quickly show value and grow agility
- Establishing a coaching cadence
- Guiding raw product discovery and design
- Creating delivery roadmaps and plans
- Developing a roadmap for self-development
- Product, technical, and process skills inventory
- Creating a roadmap for growth as a coach
- Core coaching skills
- Questioning and listening
- Coaching practices
- Completing assessments
- Developing outcome-based coaching plans
- Establishing coaching goals, measurements, and monitoring tools
- Guiding dual-track discovery and delivery
- Getting productive
- Assessing discovery needs and context (raw discovery vs. managed contexts)
- Leading and teaching product discovery tools (lean UX, framing, story mapping, product journeys, and roadmap planning)
- Guiding delivery
- Guiding delivery within teams using time-boxed (Scrum, Extreme Programming)
- and flow-based (Kanban) delivery cadences.
- Guiding multi-team product delivery
- Working with dependencies outside teams
- Coaching indicators (augmenting strengths and finding problems sooner)
- Staying productive
- Leading dual-track discovery and delivery cycles
- Growing and adding practices
- Continuously monitoring product health
- Strategies for addressing common constraints and challenges
- Who should attend
Anyone interested in growing or leading product agility. Common participants include:
- Organizational transformation leaders
- Product managers
- Project managers
- Scrum masters
- Engineering leaders