This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course offers:
12.00 PMI Leadership PDUs
Critical thinking is the ability to correctly understand information, a situation or problem from different perspectives in order to suggest or take the best possible action. In 21st century business, it's truly an essential skill for success—and a proven way to distinguish yourself and your organizational contributions.
Utilizing models, application and live-skills practice right at your desktop, this seminar provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to apply critical thinking effectively in your organization. Rather than focusing on the science of critical thinking, this course explores the art of applying critical thinking skills in a business setting and gives you hands-on practice and feedback so you can use them immediately when you return to work.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
• Promote Critical Thinking as a Valuable Process in the Workplace
• Use Critical Thinking Skills When Making Business Decisions and Taking Action
• Select Specific Tools to Use When Conducting Critical Thinking
Critical Thinking in Business
• Define Critical Thinking
• Describe Characteristics of Effective Thinkers
• Relate the Role of Critical Thinking in Meeting Business Challenges
The RED Method of Critical Thinking
• Identify the Skill Areas of the Critical Thinking Process
• Recognize and Use Skills That Support the Critical Thinking Process
Appraising Your Critical Thinking
• Recognize the Value of Gaining Insight into Your Critical Thinking Skills
• Review Feedback on Your “My Thinking Styles” Inventory
• Understand the Connection Between Your Individual Thinking Style and the RED Approach to Critical Thinking
Context for Critical Thinking: Organizational Awareness and Managing Relationships
• Understand the Attributes Associated with Organizational Awareness and Managing Relationships
• Anticipate Interpersonal Strategies You Will Need to Implement Critical Thinking at Work
Applying Critical Thinking Skills and Tools
• Practice Using Critical Thinking Skills and Techniques in a Real Business Situation
• Identify Personal Situations Where Critical Thinking Skills Can Be Used
• Select Tools for Using Critical Thinking Skills
Implementing Your New Knowledge and Skills
• Anticipate Pitfalls You May Encounter as a Critical Thinker
• Create an Action Plan for Development of Critical Thinking Skills
- Who should attend
- All Managers
- Project Managers
- Team Leaders and Individual Contributors