This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
In this course, you will learn about the process of planning and designing both relational and nonrelational databases. You will learn the design considerations for hosting databases on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). You will learn about our relational database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS), Amazon Aurora, and Amazon Redshift. You will also learn about our nonrelational database services including Amazon DocumentDB, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, Amazon Neptune, and Amazon QLDB. By the end of this course, you will be familiar with the planning and design requirements of all 8 of these AWS databases services, their pros and cons, and how to know which AWS databases service is right for your workloads.
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
- Module 0: Planning and Designing Databases on AWS
- Module 1: Database Concepts and General Guidelines
- Module 2: Database Planning and Design
- Module 3: Databases on Amazon EC2
- Module 4: Purpose-Built Databases
- Module 5: Databases on Amazon RDS
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora
- Module 6: Databases in Amazon Aurora (continued)
- Module 7: Databases in Amazon DocumentDB (with MongoDB compatibility)
- Module 8: Amazon DynamoDB Tables
- Module 9: Databases in Amazon Neptune
- Module 10: Databases in Amazon Quantum Ledger Database (Amazon QLDB)
- Module 11: Databases in Amazon ElastiCache
- Module 12: Data Warehousing in Amazon Redshift
- Module 13: Course Review
Note: course outline may vary slightly based on the regional location and/or language in which the class is delivered.
- Who should attend
- Data platform engineers
- Database administrators
- Solutions architects
- IT professionals
We recommend that attendees of this course have previously completed the following AWS courses:
- AWS Database Offerings digital training
- Data Analytics Fundamentals digital training
- Architecting on AWS classroom training