This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
This course offers:
19.50 PMP/PgMP Technical PDUs
19.50 PMI-ACP Technical PDUs
3.00 PMI Strategic PDUs
7.50 PMI Leadership PDUs
The goal of this course is to prepare internal change agents and external consultants to lead an enterprise agile transformation.
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe)
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe and act as a SAFe Agilist (SA) certifying agent
- Train teams in SAFe ScrumXP for Teams and act as a SAFe Practioner (SP) certifying agent
Cprime, the parent company of ASPE, is proud to be a Gold SPCT and Platform Level partner with Scaled Agile, the exclusive certifying body for the Scaled Agile Framework. Attending this class and passing the qualifying exam will earn you the SAFe Agilist (SA) certification. This certification will prove that you have the knowledge necessary to lead the adoption of a SAFe implementation.
The first two days of this class is an intensive version of Leading SAFe. The goal is to prepare certified SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) to teach the course and act as a certifying agent for SAFe Agilists (SAs). You will also gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework and its underlying principles of lean thinking and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Agile Teams, Agile Programs, Agile Program Portfolio Management and Agile Architecture.
In the second two days, you will gain the knowledge needed to identify, plan, and implement SAFe programs with Agile Release Trains. Further, you’ll have the briefings, artifacts and templates you need to identify the value streams, prepare the organization, launch agile programs, plan and execute the major events, and implement effective processes and measures for continuous program improvement.
You will learn how to:
- Apply lean, Agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context
- Find the value streams around which to organize the enterprise’s Agile Release Trains
- Prepare the organization and the teams to launch the trains
- Interact at key program touch-points to “help keep the train on the tracks”
- Run Inspect and Adapt workshops for continuous program improvement
- Introduce the organization to the principles of program portfolio management and agile architecture
- Grow the leadership skills necessary to support the transformation
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Leading SAFe 4.6
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Implementing an Agile Release Train
- Experiencing PI Planning
- Executing and Releasing Value
- Building an Agile Portfolio
- Building Really Big Systems
- Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
Implementing SAFe 4.6
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Facilitating ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Understanding the SPC Exam
- Applying your SPC Certification
- Participating in Open Space
- Who should attend
Internal change agents, external consultants and managers leaders responsible for implementing Agile programs as part of an enterprise Lean|Agile change initiative, and anyone interested in earning their SAFe SPC Certification.
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SPC4 certification exam and operate in the field as a SAFe Program Consultant:5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management3+ years of experience in AgileOne or more relevant Agile certifications.