This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
System Operations on AWS is designed to teach those in a Systems Administrator or Developer Operations (DevOps) role how to create automatable and repeatable deployments of networks and systems on the AWS platform. The course covers the specific AWS features and tools related to configuration and deployment, as well as common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems.
If you are interested in achieving the associate AWS SysOps Admin certification, the Systems Operations on AWS class is the best way to help prepare.
In this Course, You Will Learn How to:
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line
- Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
- Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
- Understanding Systems Operations on AWS
- Tooling and Automation
- Computing (Servers)
- Computing (Scaling and Name Resolution)
- Computing (Containers and Serverless)
- Computing (Database Services)
- Storage and Archiving
- Monitoring and Security
- Managing Resource Consumption
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
- Who should attend
- Software Developers
- System Administrators
- Attended the AWS Technical Essentials course
- Background in either software development or systems administration
- Some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (shell scripting in Linux environments, cmd or PowerShell in Windows)
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)