This course can be tailored to your needs for private, onsite delivery at your location.
ASPE is an IIBA Endorsed Education Provider of business analysis training. Select Project Delivery courses offer IIBA continuing development units (CDU) in accordance with IIBA standards.
Select courses offer Leadership (PDU-L), Strategic (PDU-S) and Technical PMI professional development units that vary according to certification. Technical PDUs are available in the following types: ACP, PBA, PfMP, PMP/PgMP, RMP, and SP.
BigPicture, from Software Plant, is a powerful option for integrating extra features into your Jira environment. With BigPicture you can extend your existing environment to include program and portfolio level visibility, dramatically improve planning, and empower your teams with better management tools.
BigPicture is an expansive toolset, and this course will help you and your teams maximize its potential. You’ll learn how to transform conventional project management practices to better support agile-at-scale, and better coordinate interdependencies and multiple initiatives. You’ll be able to better integrate priorities with capacity, and track and communicate how everything is going to all your stakeholders.
In this course you will learn:
- Upcoming Dates and Locations
All Live Online times are listed in Eastern Time Guaranteed To Run
- Course Outline
Section 1 – Introduction and BigPicture Programs
- Why have we created this training?
- Who is it for?
- Introduction to BigPicture
- Brief intro to SoftwarePlant (BigPicture creator)
- Introduction to BigPicture concept. Why should you use it? Why do we like it?
- Sneak-peak into all the modules that will be covered during the full course.
Section 2 – BigPicture Modules in detail
- Program Manager and Creating Programs
- Explaining the concept of Program Manager
- Creating programs (different scenarios)
- Using Program Manager with different views
- Gantt Module
- High-level concept of Gantt
- Different ways of adding issues to Gantt
- Working with artificial tasks
- Grouping functionality
- Creating dependencies and managing them
- Managing column views
- Editing your data in different ways
Hands-On Exercise: Navigate the Gantt Module – You’ll populate your Gantt with data and learn to use all the Gantt features in BigPicture using a practice scenario.
- Scope module
- The concept behind Scope Module
- Managing your view
- Working with the data
- Synchronization settings for Gantt, Scope and Board 2.0 modules
- Setting up the automatic synchronizers to effortlessly build your WBS
- Insights into problems you can encounter with different synchronization setup
- Agile schedule for Board 2.0, Roadmap and Gantt modules
- Setting up the agile schedule
- Insights into using Program Increments and Iterations in non-SAFe or non-agile environment
- Column views settings for Gantt and Scope modules
- Column views settings explained
- Insight into additional column settings with important aggregation visualization
- Resources Module and Team Module
- Team-based planning
- Individual-based planning
- Skill-based planning
- Data aggregation feature
- Managing local and global teams
- Managing workload and holiday plans
- Working with original estimate, remaining estimate and story points
Hands-On Exercise: Resources and Team Modules – You’ll use Views to see how individuals, teams, tasks, estimates, and capacity are all coordinated and managed in unison with each other.
- Resources module key points and use cases
- Risks Module with administration settings
- Creating risks and adding them to the risk matrix
- Explanation of the risk card concept
- Risk management process with BigPicture
- Insight into different approaches to creating and managing risks in BigPicture
Hands-On Exercise: Use Risk Modules – You’ll learn how to use BigPicture’s features for identifying, qualifying, and managing risk. A practice scenario will walk you through creating new risks, editing risks in Jira, and tracking risk probability.
- Risk card and task card customization
- Roadmap Module
- Defining objectives for your agile schedule and teams
- Objectives workflow explained
- The concept of stretch objectives explained
- Insights into using the Roadmap module for non-agile or non-SAFe companies
Hands-On Exercise: Navigate Roadmap Modules – You’ll practice using roadmaps to set up and visualize and track PIs and their teams from start to finish.
- Reports Module
- Viewing reports
- Creating new reports with BigPicture Enterprise
- Board 2.0 Module
- The concept behind the Board module
- Managing backlogs and working with the agile schedule
- Managing teams capacity
- Synchronizing agile schedule with sprints or other Jira fields
- Insights into the recommended process of working with the Board
Hands-On Exercise: Navigate through Board 2.0 – You’ll plan capacity, assign boards and sprints to iterations, and use the backlog to organize work for teams. The board will allow you manage dependencies and intelligently manage the backlog.
- Metrics Module
- Explanation of the concept and functionality of additional attributes for BigPicture Programs
- Insights into possible use cases of the functionality
- BigPicture Enterprise features
- Additional reporting on Board and Roadmap Modules
- Cross-Program resource planning
- Integration with Tempo add-ons
- Other functionalities brought by BigPicture Enterprise
- BigPicture Admin and Jira Admin Settings
- Implementation, program setup strategy, SAFe in BigPicture
- Security Settings
- Security approach of BigPicture
- Explanation of different security levels
- BigPicture Implementation Process
- Recommended implementation process of BigPicture Implementation based on our experience
- Insights into different stages of the implementation
- Program and Portfolio in BigPicture
- Managing the structure of your projects in BigPicture and Jira
- Insights into different approaches and our recommendation
- Decide on your programs strategy
- Different strategies to creating BigPicture Programs
- Insights into the pros and cons of each strategy, helping you pick the right one for you
- Thank You, Summary and Additional Resources
- Who should attend
Program & Project Managers
Business and IT Managers
Anyone who needs greater visibility into project or workflow efforts
- Self-Paced eLearning
This comprehensive self-paced class walks you through all the ways you can use BigPicture with Jira for organization-wide, portfolio-level visibility and management of any initiative.