Name: Gina Schmidt
Primary Expertise: Project Management, Business Analysis, Economics, Business Leadership and Strategy
Education/Credentials: BBA, Northwood University. PMP and PBA, from PMI, CBAP from the IIBA. ICP, ICP-BVA
Notable Clients & Employers:
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Services
- Kelly Services
- DTE Energy
ASPE’s Gina Schmidt, CBAP, PMP, PBA has successfully managed Information Technology implementations and methodology rollouts in multiple industries for almost 25 years. Her strong managerial skills and broad technical knowledge enable her to be effective in all aspects of consulting and program management—facilitating workshops, planning projects, developing management training, and coaching managers. She is an expert in consulting and training techniques, project management, information systems, life cycle methodology development, project recovery, and program/project office setup.
Gina received her B.B.A. majoring in Computer Management from Northwood University. She is a Project Management Professional, (PMP) and a Professional Business Analyst (PBA), with PMI and a Certified Business Analysis Professional ( CBAP), with the IIBA. Gina has worked for a number of reputable companies including Ameritech (AT&T), Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC), and Lighthouse Consulting Partners. She currently runs her own company, VITINAR, provides services for a manufacturing company while developing ASPE’s new BA masterclass program. She is adept at managing, working and training in a virtual and global environment and has gained expertise as a business consultant, quality and risk manager, business architect, business analyst, program and project manager, facilitator and trainer, instructional designer, release & test coordinator, and programmer.
As a Project Management or Business Analysis Expert Instructor and Coach:
For over 25 years, Gina has trained thousands in the classroom as well as in online classes and web seminars. She currently trains in project management, business analysis, and other professional services. Gina is set apart from other instructors because of her experience working in various roles and deep interdisciplinary knowledge as a result. She has developed best practices from working across various industries and is an expert at passing on discernment for when and where to use a given tool or technique.
Gina possesses a wealth of expertise in facilitation, effective communication in written or verbal presentations, coaching, mentoring, leading and developing others, organizational development, and teamwork facilitation. Her deep background in both real world enterprise projects and in advanced professional education makes her a highly qualified and capable instructor. She has extensive experience in the banking, construction, education, energy, engineering, financial services, food, government, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, mortgage, non-profit, retail, and utility industries. Gina’s deep professional experience combined with a dynamic personality and ability to teach other professionals results in a highly effective consultant. She receives consistently glowing feedback from both individual trainees and the decision makers at our client companies.
- At ASPE, Gina teaches numerous business analysis and project management courses to Fortune clients on a program basis.
- At Corning, Gina co-managed Learning development for a global multi-vendor project with teams located in the US, Taiwan and Japan. She also built tailored curriculums for consultants, business analysts and project managers.
- Gina has held management positions with Ameritech (currently AT&T), PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), Lighthouse Consulting Partners (LCP) and VITINAR.
- In all of those positions she helped facilitate many enterprise-wide initiatives by developing several components of enterprise architecture.
- While at AT&T Gina was an internally certified BPM facilitator, Corporate data architect and managed the Rapid Application Delivery Center of Excellence.
- While at VITINAR Gina has coached two teams of Business analysts and helped develop a business analysis center of excellence.
- Gina earned an Achievement Award from Coopers & Lybrand
- Gina has been Woman of the Year by the American Business Women Association
- Systems Development Lifecycle Methodologies and Facilitation
- Project Management Professional Consultant, Coach and Mentor
- Project Management Career Path Development
- Business Analysis professional Consultant, Coach and Mentor
- Business Analysis Career Path Development
- Curriculum Development for Project Management
- Project Recovery Planning Services
- Global Sourcing and Distributed team Collaboration
- Curriculum Design, Development and Delivery
"Gina's communication skills were excellent. She llistened and then articulated back what I'm trying to ask before answering." - T. Chang