Name: Kelley Bruns
Project Management, Business Analysis, Business Leadership, Strategy, and Agile
BS, Briar Cliff College. MS, Adult Education, Drake University. CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) from the IIBA. CPTM (Certified Professional in Training Management) from Training Industry. CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) from the Scrum Alliance. PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner), PMI-PBA (Professional in Business Analysis) PMP (Project Management Professional) from PMI. ICP, ICP-APM, ICP-BVA
Notable Clients & Employers:
- American Family Insurance
- Columbia Sportswear
As a Project Management Expert, Business Instructor, Agile Expert and SDLC Coach:
As one of ASPE’s most qualified and experienced business instructors, Kelley is a proficient, reliable, and committed learning and development professional, with a proven record of success for over 25 years in the learning and development industry. She has accomplished facilitation skills, effective communication in written or verbal presentations, coaching, mentoring, leading and developing others, organizational development, and teamwork facilitation.
Before starting her own consulting firm and later teaching for ASPE, Kelley began her enterprise training career as a consultant for Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc. and training manager for Windsor Windows & Doors. Kelley analyzed, developed, designed, facilitated, and evaluated web-based training for sales representatives as well as new employee orientation and train the trainer programs. As manager of education and communication at Firestone Agricultural Tire, Kelley managed and maintained learning and development for over 1,600 employees. She was responsible for coordinating and marketing the onsite college program, including the tuition reimbursement program.
In 1998 Kelley established Bruns Consulting, LLC. As an independent contractor she analyzed, customized, facilitated, and evaluated instructor- led, face-to-face and online courses and workshops. She develops programs relating to project management, team building, change management, stakeholder management, business analysis, success planning management, and time management.
Kelley’s deep background in both real world enterprise projects and in advanced adult professional education makes her one of the most qualified and capable instructors on the ASPE faculty. She has extensive experience in the banking, construction, education, energy, engineering, financial services, government, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, mortgage, non-profit, restaurant, retail, and utility industries.
- At ASPE, she has taught numerous business analysis, project management, and Agile courses to Fortune clients on a program basis. Student feedback is among the highest of any ASPE instructor, and she is in the “top five” ASPE instructors for the number of courses taught to Fortune clients
- At Wells Fargo, Kelley analyzed, developed, designed, facilitated, and evaluated Coaching for Peak Performance, Pathways for Managerial Excellence, Achieving Maximum Performance, Managing Change, and Working Together Means Winning Together
- Also at Wells Fargo, Kelley, developed, designed, facilitated, and evaluated the Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Intranet University Sales Rep On-boarding training program
- Kelley analyzed, developed, designed, facilitated, and evaluated Des Moines Area Community College Training Plan and ESL Beginner/ Intermediate classes
- She was a premier requested speaker and presenter at State of Iowa Conference: “Fields of Opportunities: Promoting Literacy in Iowa’s Workplace”
- At Firestone, Kelley was a Development Dimensions International (DDI) Facilitator and managed and maintained learning and development for over 1,600 employees, including leading a staff of employees and the annual training budget
- Also at Firestone, Kelley maintained and updated QS9000 certification for training, was team leader for ISO/TS16949 and coordinated and marketed an onsite college program
- Over the course of her career, Kelley has developed over thirty courses and many comprehensive business curricula, including many classes on projects, risk, facilitation, change management, problem-solving, time management, and many others
- Facilitation skills, translating project management methodologies to real-world job skills
- Communication in written or verbal presentations, coaching, mentoring, leading and developing others, organizational development, and teamwork facilitation
- Outstanding analysis, development, design, customization, implementation, evaluation, and blended learning skills
- Needs analysis, research, project management, problem identification, problem solving, curriculum development, instructional design, facilitation, succession management, instructor-led training in both face-to-face learning and online learning
- Competent in helping people transfer knowledge, skills, and abilities in both professional and personal settings