Name: Mary Zarba, MBA, CBAP
Primary Expertise: Project Management, Business Analysis, Business Leadership and Strategy, Healthcare IT, Organizational Process Analysis & Design
Education/Credentials: B.S. in health and physical education (and teaching certificate) from Colorado State University, Masters of Business Administration (with medical practice emphasis) University of Phoenix, Certified Paramedic, State of Colorado and Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
Notable Clients & Employers:
- Federal Reserve Bank
- E+J Gallo Winery
- Ohio State University
- National Bank of Kuwait
- Kaiser Permanente
As a Business Analysis Expert and Enterprise Business Trainer
A seasoned and highly experienced enterprise business analysis expert, Mary is one of the most highly regarded instructors on the faculty. She is also one of the longest-serving experts to teach on our staff. Mary's intelligence, deep industry experience, and engaging, outgoing personality combine with many years of classroom experience to make her an invaluable resource as an instructor and coach. She has taught many courses and has developed internal training curricula for many elite enterprise organizations. Along the way, Mary's work as a trainer has been punctuated with extensive real-world experience performing BA work on real-world projects and extensive consulting for many large clients. Mary served for almost five years as a GE Centricity &NextGen EPM Implementation Project Manager at one of the leading cardiology practices in Denver. Her consulting experience also includes several other large enterprise rollouts of software, records systems and billing systems in healthcare lT organizations.
Since joining our team and teaching professional training fulltime, Mary has provided training for business analysts and lT project managers in key communication skills, project management, leadership techniques and problem solving skills. She also provides management consulting for medical group practices to optimize cash flow, explore innovative lT options, and troubleshoot
- Mary has been one of our premier trainers and curriculum designers in the areas of business analysis, business modeling, requirements engineering and project management.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) through the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA).
- For more than 15 years Mary has provided consulting and training for business analysts and IT project managers in critical thinking, analytical skills and necessary people skills to thrive in their roles and add measurable value to IT projects.
- As Director of Operations and IT at Rocky Mountain Cardiology, Mary earned her NextGen EPM & EMR Certifications and managed/maintained all systems related to medical billing, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Also at Rocky Mountain Cardiology, Mary served as HIPAA Compliance Officer for a large medical group and helped administer IT projects so they maintained compliance with public regulations.
- As a Managing Consultant at e-Solutionz in Vail, Colorado, Mary performed health care and human resource consulting work for benefit program development.
- At High Country Health Care, Mary developed and implemented corporate wide HR and I.S. policies and procedures, as well as managing recruitment, selection, placement and training processes.
- Also at High Country Health Care, Mary designed, implemented and maintained the corporate employee intranet and an internal enterprise website for the organization.
"Mary Zarba is a great instructor. She is very clear and knowledgeable. She really shows an interest in making sure the class understands the topics being discussed." - Francisco Guzman, Alzheimer's Association®
“Mary brings a wealth of front line knowledge and personality to the class. Her ability to listen to challenges and workflows, within very different industries, and then demonstrate how the techniques support each industry's issues/needs equally, was very reassuring and impressive. She is a true professional.” – V. Elder
- Organizational Development & Leadership
- Business analysis and Business Process Modeling
- IT Project Planning & Management
- HER, EPM, and EMR system implementation, training and maintenance
- Enterprise healthcare organization compliance, including the Affordable Care Act/Meaningful Use/HIPAA
- Organizational Process Analysis and Design
- Requirements Development and Engineering
- International Institute for Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- Colorado Medical Group Management Association (CMGMA)
- High Country Human Resources Association – Board of Directors
- Colorado Strategic National Implementation Process/HIPAA
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Colorado Society for Human Resource Management (CSHRM)