University of Applied Sciences Darmstadt - BA Electrical Engineering
Stanford University - Design Thinking: d.school
Michael Palotas currently works as the CEO of Element34 Solutions, a highly specialized software development and consulting firm focusing on test automation solutions with Selenium. Before Element34 he was the Managing Director/Principal Consultant at GRIDFUSION, an engineering consulting firm for software organizations that specializes in lean and Agile software development.
He has also been the head of Test Engineering at eBay and worked as a software engineer at Intel and Nortel. Michael is the author of multiple publications about Agile, test automation, software testing, and more.
Michael prides himself on being an experienced senior leader in software development who addresses challenges through innovation. He has a proved track record for building innovative environments and shaping engineering teams. Michael also has in-depth experience in managing international, multi-level, distributed engineering teams across multiple time zones within large high-tech companies.
Michael enjoys giving back by being an active contributor to various open source tools, speaking at tech conferences worldwide, and passing his knowledge on through training and consulting.
Michael's Specialties Include:
* spearhead and introduce new engineering approaches and technologies
* innovation enabler and driver
* software quality as a holistic approach
* test automation
* agile engineering in distributed environments
* reshape engineering teams to become world class
* driver for process improvements and efficiency gains
* management of international distributed teams