Name: Peter Borsella
Primary Expertise: IT leadership, software development, project management, Scrum, Agile practices, technology architecture
Education: B.S. Biology, Saint John’s University. Programming diploma, Grumman Data Systems Institute. Master’s Certificate in Project Management, Villanova University. PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification, PMI. Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) from the Scrum Alliance.
- U.S. Department of Defense
- Hilton Hotels
- First Data
Peter Borsella is the founder of Winnow Management Corporation, based in Parkland, Florida. Peter is an IT professional with almost 30 years of experience in application development and IT leadership.
Peter’s ability to contribute across a wide range of environments has taken him to companies such as First Data Corporation and eFunds Corporation where he was VP of Application Systems. He has also worked as a consultant and trainer for a wide variety of companies including Hilton Hotels, the Department of Defense, Citrix, Raytheon, and Sony, as well as with several companies outside the United States in India and Hungary. Peter has had extensive experience in software development, project management, and executive management. One of his proudest professional achievements was being given the opportunity to work with the team responsible for the largest implementation of Scrum at the time and has since consulted and trained with numerous organizations on how best to implement Scrum and Agile practices.
Peter has been training professionally since 2006 and is currently teaching Certified ScrumMaster courses as well as Certified Product Owner courses. He has trained hundreds and has taught well over 100 Certified ScrumMaster courses. Peter is adept in administering all aspects of project management, as well as providing authentic leadership to create effective teams. The key element that sets Peter apart as an instructor is the practical software and business experience he possesses and continues to cultivate. He strives to make his classes extremely realistic, moving beyond the theoretical as he helps people work through their technical and business challenges. His goal is to help others understand how to get the best return from any project by achieving higher levels of software quality, increased customer satisfaction, and cohesive teams that enjoy increased productivity.
Peter’s expertise as a software and systems architect is matched by his commitment and passion for teaching teams how to harness the Scrum framework and Agile practices which have assisted so many software and project teams. Peter was one of ASPE's earliest Agile experts. During his time teaching for the firm he has added an impressive roster of enterprise blue chip customers who have seen considerable value added to their capability as a result. Peter brings numerous real world examples and practical solutions to the everyday issues software and project teams face on the job. Combined with lab practice and real world group scenarios in class, training programs developed by Peter’s team deliver fast-paced, quickly attainable results. He receives consistently glowing feedback from students and is often requested for follow-up coaching.
- At ASPE, Peter has designed and led successful Scrum training rollouts for many enterprise organizations and Fortune companies
- Peter was one of Scrum’s early adopters, teaching Scrum and successful Agile practices before most of the business and public sector community was aware of them.
- Peter led one of the first major Scrum enterprise deployments, which at the time of its implementation was the world's largest rollout of an Agile/Scrum framework.
- Peter is one of the relatively few Agile professionals to hold the elite Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) credential, and was one of the first to earn it. His team of CSTs has been teaching and coaching enterprise organizations on Scrum practices practically since Scrum was invented.
- For almost ten years (since 2005) Peter has been a founding member of a global consulting group of Scrum trainers and coaches which have been highly sought after and influential.
- Peter was called out and commended in Scrum founder Ken Schwaber’s Scrum Guide 2013 as one of the first development professionals to understand and evangelize Scrum during its formative years, often at significant risk to reputation and career as part of a group of innovators who fleshed out and introduced the Scrum framework to the mainstream development community before the extensive record of success stories and revolutionary adoption rates that now exist.