Name: Rob Snowden
Primary Expertise: Business Analysis, Enterprise Analysis, Project Management, Management Consulting, Enterprise Training, Business Process Modeling
BA, Business Administration and Marketing, Virginia Commonwealth University. CBAP® (Certified Business Analysis Professional) from the IIBA, CSM (Certified ScrumMaster) from the Scrum Alliance. PMI-PBA from PMI (Professional in Business Analysis), ICP, ICP-BVA
Notable Clients & Employers:
- Capital One
- Lockheed Martin
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- First Health Corporation
Rob is a seasoned leader and trainer who produces strong results for customers and clients. He helps clients incorporate technology, process and people into their project success strategies. Rob is skilled in designing, developing and providing requirements engineering consulting and training services to a variety of organizations in virtually every major business sector. He is proficient in providing technology-based business solutions to executives, managers, end-users and IT professionals by enabling them to integrate effective technology, tools and techniques into their business environments. Rob is a consummate professional business instructor who helps serious clients achieve serious, tangible results from training solutions. He focuses on providing immediately useful skills and value to the professionals he trains. He is adept at sharing examples of work he has performed as an analyst that demonstrates the techniques being taught in a real-world context. He can deconstruct complex concepts and explain sophisticated business tools in easy-to-understand terms. Rob is an engaging and encouraging instructor, maintaining a quick learning pace which both keeps students interested and packs a large amount of learning into his classroom time.
Rob helps enterprise teams and their organizations build and solidify business processes that work for their needs. He has the ability to help teams understand what is relevant and sustainable in their situation, and respond with a learning experience that delivers targeted, useful knowledge that provides lasting value to the business – all in alignment with the IIBA’s proven and rigorous standards.
- At ASPE, Rob has taught numerous business analysis courses to Fortune clients on a program basis. Rob is a lead instructor in teaching business analysis to Fortune clients.
- Rob has provided, requirements definition services, facilitation and consulting to many blue chip clients including Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Capital One, Boeing, Dade Behring, Lockheed Martin, Circuit City, Land America, Barclaycard and many others.
- At Virginia Farm Bureau, Rob performed critical BA, PM and consultant roles on their large Reinsurance Project
- As a consultant for the Supreme Court of Virginia, Rob defined requirements for an Electronic Filing system, project management for their Video Docketing initiative, and assisted their PMO with program management consulting.
- As a contractor for CapitalOne, Rob conducted approximately 150 facilitated sessions including strategic planning, problem solving, workflow improvement, requirements Joint Application Development (JAD), and many others.
- Rob was a Senior Systems Consultant for Anthem, where he provided internal consulting to implement improved processes, managed projects, developed requirements and conducted over 100 Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions.
- Rob spent three years performing management consulting for Coopers & Lybrand Consulting.
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Development
- JAD Facilitation
- Enterprise Analysis
- Business and Process Modeling
- Management Consulting
“Rob Snowden is an excellent instructor. He explains concepts slowly and clearly. His illustrations with real life experiences are very valuable and meaningful. I enjoyed the video clips.” – C. Moy