Name: Tom Robbins
Primary Expertise: SharePoint 2007/2010/2013, Exchange 2007/2010, Server 2008 R2, MS Project Server, DNS, SQL, Cisco PIX, Information Security Policy, GLBA, SOX, Vista, Technical Training
Education/Credentials: MCP, MCTS, MCITP SA/EA, MCT, CTT+, B.S in Computer Science and M.S. in Rehabilitation Service from East Carolina University
Notable Clients & Employers:
- Northrop Grumman
- First South Bank
- US Department of Health and Human Services - Office of the Inspector General
- Denver International Airport
- Kuwait Oil Company
- NewsGator Technologies
Tom has been a Microsoft professional for almost 30 years, amassing a great deal of knowledge in all things Microsoft. From being a server administrator and desktop tech in the early days, to a senior-level, subject matter expert and architect, his greatest strengths focus on enterprise products such as Office 365, SharePoint, and Project Online.
A former IT director at a multibillion-dollar bank, and a current thought leader in office technology, Tom has spent most of his career working directly with customers and clients in a varied array of verticals, including banking, medical care, technology, manufacturing, and government agencies. He works with clients to understand, develop, implement, and govern large-scale enterprise technologies.
As a course developer and instructor for ASPE for almost 10 years, Tom focuses on creating and leading high-level technical classes, primarily in SharePoint, Windows Server, and Project Server. He is passionate about enterprise collaboration, seeing it contribute to cost reduction, and increase employee efficiency and productivity. Gathering business requirements and implementing solutions for organizations, improving an employee’s day-to-day work satisfaction, is one of his biggest rewards for training and coaching.
Tom’s enthusiasm is contagious in the classroom. He’s taught more than 1,000 students and helped hundreds of professionals pass various Microsoft Exams. His student evaluations and positive feedback are consistently among the top of any ASPE instructor. He is also an experienced speaker at community SharePoint events and conferences.
Prioritizing work-life balance, Tom stays active by flying airplanes which he has done since a teenager. For five years Tom has been “addicted” to being a CrossFit athlete, and he also has a goal to climb as many 14,000-foot mountains as he can. To date, Tom has climbed 18 of the 14,000’ peaks in Colorado.
- Tom led training on SharePoint and social collaboration for Kuwait Oil Company.
- Working as Director of Technical Training for NewsGator, Tom designed and implemented a partner training program, end user training and administrative technical training.
- Tom served as Senior VP and IT Director for First South Bank, a large community bank with $1 billion in assets.
- Tom founded Robbins Professional Group, where he provides consulting and training on Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012 and SharePoint 2010/2013
- At CoBank’s corporate headquarters, Tom developed a custom SharePoint user training program for more than 15 user teams for the PMO. He continues to implement their training programs.
- As a Microsoft Certified Trainer and CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer, he has trained more than 1.000 people.
- Providing organizational SharePoint users with the skills to create and customize SharePoint sites, build custom workflows, automate business processes, utilize InfoPath, enable collaborative communication and creat and use SharePoint dashboards and KPIs.
- Coaching and training individuals on SharePoint installation, upgrades, administration and usage.
- Creating a stimulating training environment that engages students and improves retention of skills and knowledge.
- Helping organizations harness the power of social collaboration with SharePoint.
- Working with stakeholders and executives to ensure that SharePoint enterprise needs are met.