SharePoint includes many features that can help organizations implement integrated records management systems and processes. However, since the introduction of these tools much has changed in the business world as well as in SharePoint and Office 365. Many of the record management tools in SharePoint haven't been updated since they were implemented in SharePoint 2010. Also, as organizations migrate from SharePoint on-premises to SharePoint Online they are faced with new considerations for handling record-based information as Office 365 and SharePoint become much more deeply integrated.
In this webinar, Microsoft MVPs Joanne Klein and William Huneycutt discuss the evolution of records management from SharePoint on-premises to SharePoint Online and Office 365. They will cover the solutions from Microsoft that help your organization classify, label, retain, and protect its documents and emails. They'll compare and contrast legacy features with current solutions. Finally, they'll cover the roadmap ahead for updates currently planned for records management in Office 365.
What you'll learn in this webinar:
- Legacy features for records management in SharePoint on-premises.
- Retention controls across SharePoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and Office 365 Groups.
- New and updated features for SharePoint Online and Office 365.
- How to prepare your users for their role in the compliance picture of your organization.
- Administrators role in defining rules and conditions • Information workers role in compliance
- Determining if Office 365 can meet all of your organization's records management goals.
- Planning for retention controls in Office 365
- Best practices
- Roadmap for planned updates
*To download the slides and recording from this webinar please fill out the form on the left side of your screen