ASPE is a leading professional IT and Business development company in Cary, North Carolina and we’re looking for a passionate, creative, hardworking, and self-driven Graphic Designer/Visual Strategist who will support the Marketing Director, Brand Manager, and marketing team in the strategy and execution of campaigns, collateral design, digital assets, and more.
You will collaborate closely with all members of our marketing team, product management, business partners, and vendors to develop and design marketing collateral such as brochures, flyers, social media posts, banner ads, conference programs and signage, HTML email design, copywriting, brand assets, and more.
Our company culture is all about working hard to play hard. We are a small, yet highly productive team that values the occasional break from the norm to have fun. If you enjoy a good practical joke now and again, love to discuss popular culture and marketing trends, and enjoy good food
, you’ll fit right in. If you’re looking for a team environment that encourages collaboration, creativity and genuine curiosity for knowledge, this is the job for you.
Title: Graphic Designer/Visual Strategist
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications/graphic design or related field, or comparable experience.
- 1-3 years of visual communications experience
- Must provide good quality professional samples/portfolio of graphic design work
- Written examples is a plus (copy, essays, articles, etc)
Skills and Talent:
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills quickly and effectively
- Driven to meet deadlines
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a must
- Experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of layout design consistency
- Ability to strategize, think outside the box, and focus on complex projects
- Able to apply editorial standards (when reviewing written content, blogs, courseware, etc)
- Ability to approach design problems conceptually, with close attention to detail
- Responsive and open-minded to constructive feedback
- Copywriting skills are a plus
- Willingness to understand and discuss creative direction based on objectives
In this job role, you will:
- Collaborate effectively with the team
- Design text-heavy collateral such as brochures, flyers, catalogs, and white papers
- Design collateral for events/conferences such as programs, signage, logos, etc.
- Design web and print graphics for national campaigns
- Ensure layout, colors, and style align with approved ASPE brand standards
- Understand abstract concepts and represent them in visual communications
- Research copywriting for enterprise marketing communications. The ability to focus on complex projects is a must.
- Create social media images and content
- Ability to multi-task and take direction in an agile, team environment
- Write copy for digital advertisements
- Ability to proof-read creative materials with accuracy
- Contribute ideas and strategize with the marketing team to increase reach of our company
- Support the company website
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) support and production
- Understand the segmentation of our customers to determine who receives our marketing messages
- Execute best practices for following creative direction and incorporating team feedback
- Ability to edit organizational marketing and promotional materials
- Be accountable to the team and communicate well with others on workload issues & needs, the progress of work and results
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any additional information to Madeline Streicher, at firstname.lastname@example.org