ASPE is looking for a new part-time marketing intern to join our creative, collaborative and passionate team. This isn't a typical internship. You won't be asked to make coffee or copies. You'll be working on the same projects as our highly trained marketing specialists. This position will focus on both direct mail and digital marketing initiatives. You'll be challenged to make business decisions based on the performance, analytics and metrics you see in campaigns. You'll also learn about our products and the demographics of our buyers, and then use that knowledge to craft and optimize marketing messages through direct mail, email, design, search engine optimization, social media and more.
This is a paid internship with the potential for future full-time, salaried employment and benefits.
The marketing intern will support the marketing team in the day-to-day execution of ASPE's marketing programs. They will work closely with all members of the marketing team, product management, sales, and selected ASPE vendors. Primary responsibilities include processes and tasks associated with supporting content efforts through blog posts and web seminars, producing mail plans for course brochures, designing, building and sending email messages, help with our search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives, lead generation and other items for ASPE courses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Using Google Analytics to track and analyze website activity
• Email marketing strategy, design, production, distribution and measurement
• Design and development of direct mail pieces and target markets as well as analyzing direct mail response rates, and managing our direct mail database
• Content production including copy writing, blogging, editing, and the facilitation of web seminars and finding and working with content contributors
• Regular website maintenance, updates and edits
• SEO support and production
• AdWords support and production
• Collaborate and strategize to generate leads
• Management of our social media accounts
Our team and company atmosphere is unique, entertaining and empowering. If you're an intelligent, hardworking individual who welcomes a challenge, appreciates practical jokes, and enjoys being surrounded by creative and diverse personalities, you might just be a great fit for ASPE.
• Pursuing or completed four-year degree; preferable major or concentration in Marketing or Communications
• Ability to learn software programs and new skills quickly
• Effective project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Proficient writing and editing skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
Additional Nice to Haves:
• General knowledge of social media channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Google Plus
• HTML and/or CSS knowledge and experience
• Experience with the Adobe Design Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com